Dear Chelmsford Borough Council,
Under the Freedom of Information Act 2000, please provide the following information:
• What have you spent on Temporary Staffing over the last 12 months?
• What model are you using to manage your temporary staffing spend (i.e. Master Vendor, Neutral Vendor, PSL)?
• Are you using a provider to manage your spend, if so, which provider?
• If you are using a provider, when is your contract due to expire?
I am sending this email in response to your Freedom of Information Act
(2000) request reference IR 8474. Please use this reference in any
subsequent contact relating to this request.
Please see a response below each of your questions:
• What have you spent on Temporary Staffing over the last 12
I can confirm that £946,996 has been spent on temporary staffing between
1st April 2020 to 8th October 2020.
Please note that we are unable to provide information prior to April 2020
as the Council is currently changing finance systems and are therefore
unable to carry out a full 12 month search.
• What model are you using to manage your temporary staffing
spend (i.e. Master Vendor, Neutral Vendor, PSL)?
Chelmsford City Council has two master vendor agreements in place. One for
Loaders, Drivers and Parks Operatives (HAYS MONTROSE) and a second for
Admin/Professional staff (ADECCO).
The Council also occasionally deal with a small number of agencies, when
• Are you using a provider to manage your spend, if so, which
No, the Council is not using a provider to manage spend.
• If you are using a provider, when is your contract due to
Right to Internal Review
If you are dissatisfied with this response or with the way your request
has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act, you have the right
to ask for your request to be independently reviewed by the Director of
Corporate Services. You should set out your representations in writing
explaining why you are dissatisfied with this response or the way your
request has been handled and send to [email address]. The review will
be conducted in accordance with the Council’s internal review procedure
which is published on its website at
http://www.chelmsford.gov.uk/node/33297. You will be notified of the
outcome of the review as soon as possible and in any event within 20
working days from receipt of your representations.
If you should still remain dissatisfied following the outcome of the
review, you may apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision by
Information Commissioner’s Office
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Tel: 0303 1231113 or 01625 545745
Information Governance Officer
Chelmsford City Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now