Temporary Social Workers / Spend

Clive Bradley made this Freedom of Information request to Surrey County Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was partially successful.

Dear Surrey County Council,

1. Please can you disclose your annual spend on temporary Qualified
Social workers for 2012.

2. Please also provide the name and adress of every team in the
Authority that contains Qualified Social Workers.

3. Please also provide the Team Manager's name for each team.

Thank you

Yours faithfully,

Clive Bradley

FOI, Surrey County Council

18th January 2013

Dear Mr Bradley


Thank you for your request for information received on the 17th January
2013.  Your request reference is as above.

We will respond to your request promptly and in any event within 20
working days of the date of receipt of your request.  If you wish to
contact me to discuss the progress of your request, please use the contact
details given below and quote the reference number given above.

Yours sincerely

Mrs Melanie Swinfield
Services Support Officer
Legal and Democratic Services

tel: 0208 541 9046
Email: [Surrey County Council request email]


show quoted sections

Wendy Penfold, Surrey County Council

2 Attachments

Dear Mr Bradley,


We have considered your request which was for information on social
workers.  I now enclose the following information:
1. Please can you disclose your annual spend on temporary Qualified Social
workers for 2012.
In 2012, our spend on agency qualified social workers was approximately
2. Please also provide the name and address of every team in the Authority
that contains Qualified Social Workers.
Information on our office locations is available from our website
([1]www.surreycc.gov.uk) . Select “Contact us” from the toolbar near the
top of the page, then scroll down to the “Visit us” heading and select the
link for information, maps and details on our office locations.

The attached files show the team structure in our Children, Schools and
Families and Adult Social Care directorates.

3. Please also provide the Team Manager's name for each team.

As the information requested is personal information, it is exempt under
Section 40 (2) by virtue of Clause 40 (3) (a) (i) of the Freedom of
Information Act.  This information cannot be disclosed because its
disclosure  to a member of the public would contravene one or more of the
data protection principles. The data protection principles constitute an
8-point statutory code for the processing of personal data. They are set
out in Part I of Schedule 1 to the Data Protection Act 1998.  As a public
authority, Surrey County Council must observe all of the data protection
principles when processing personal data.  The exemption from the duty to
disclose personal data where to do so would breach a data protection
principle is an absolute exemption; the public interest test in section 2
of the FOI Act does not apply.

The names of the directors and heads of service are available from our
website ([2]www.surreycc.gov.uk). Select “Your Council” from the list of
topics on the left hand side of the screen, then select “Council services”
from the menu that appears. Our senior team organisational structure chart
is available from this page.

If you do not have access to the internet at home, you may be able to use
facilities at your local public library, or you can request a paper copy
by contacting the address below.

We supply this information based on your original request. Please do not
hesitate to contact me at the above address if you have any queries
regarding the information enclosed.  Remember to quote the reference
number above in any future communications.

If you are unhappy with the handling of your request for information and
wish to make a complaint or request a review of our decision, in the first
instance you should contact the County Council, quoting your request
number given above, at:

Freedom of Information Officer
Surrey County Council
Room 134
County Hall
Penhryn Road
Kingston Upon Thames
[Surrey County Council request email]

If you are not satisfied by the County Council’s response to your
complaint, you have the right to apply to the Information Commissioner for
a decision.  The Information Commissioner will normally expect you to have
exhausted our complaints procedure.  The Information Commissioner can be
contacted at:

Information Commissioner’s Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane

Yours sincerely,

Wendy Penfold
HR Management Information Advisor
Tel: 020 8541 7118  
Email Internal: Wendy Penfold/CAE/SCC
External: [email address]

show quoted sections


Visible links
1. file:///tmp/www.surreycc.gov.uk
2. file:///tmp/www.surreycc.gov.uk