Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
You have disclosed the guidance available to staff on how to handle a telephone claim for UC (UC114 NS Claims by phone):
'Claim by phone
The facility for claimants to make new claims by phone is available for those who are unable to complete the online service due to the following circumstances:
• being unable to make a claim online independently, perhaps due to a health condition or not having the digital skills
• not having anyone to support them to make a claim online
• being unable to claim online with in-house jobcentre support
• being unable to claim online even with support from Citizens Advice/Citizens Advice Scotland using the Help to Claim Service. (In these cases, Citizens Advice/Citizens Advice Scotland will have identified that the claimant cannot use online services and a claim by phone is appropriate
• not having access to a digital device or internet access to be able to make and
maintain a claim online'
I am interested in the forth category:
'being unable to claim online even with support from Citizens Advice/Citizens Advice Scotland using the Help to Claim Service. (In these cases, Citizens Advice/Citizens Advice Scotland will have identified that the claimant cannot use online services and a claim by phone is appropriate'
Please provide the number of claimants identified by (i) Citizens Advice and (ii) Citizens Advice Scotland in each of the past three years who could not use online services. If reasons have been provided as to why they could not use online services, please provide the number of claimants relating to each reason.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally expect
a response within 20 working days.
However please be advised that due to the current situation with COVID-19
we cannot guarantee a response within this timescale.
Every effort is being made to respond to FOIs as we would usually but the
current situation means that available Departmental resources will be
needed on other high priority areas.
We kindly ask for your understanding during this unprecedented situation
and we will aim to deal with your FOI request as soon as is practically
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
Dear J Roberts,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 23rd
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now