Dear Lothian NHS Board,
Please could you provide the following information for 2019:
1. Number of Sites
2. Number of Employees
3. Number of IT Staff
4. Annual IT Budget for current financial year
5. Number of Datacentres and locations, owned or third party
6. What storage vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
a. When was the installation date of above storage vendor(s)?
b. When is your planned (or estimated) storage refresh date? (Month/year)
c. What is your estimated budget for the refresh?
d. What date does your storage support contract end? (Month/year)
e. What is the value of your storage support contract?
f. What is the capacity of the storage data in TB?
g. Is your storage hosted by a third party or onsite?
7. What backup software and hardware do you use?
a. How much data do you backup in TB?
b. When is your planned (or estimated) backup software refresh date? (Month/year)
c. What is the estimated budget for your backup software refresh?
d. When does your backup support contract end? (Month/year)
e. What is the value of your backup support contract?
f. Is your backup hosted by a third party or retained onsite?
8. What compute vendor(s) and model do you currently use?
a. Number of servers?
b. What operating system(s) do you use?
c. What percentage is virtualised?
d. Virtualisation platform?
e. When is your planned (or estimated) compute refresh date? (Month/year)
f. When does your compute support contract end? (Month/year)
g. What is the value of the compute support contract?
h. Is this hosted by a third party or onsite?
9. If you outsource your IT works, please provide who it is with and when the contract started and ends.
10. Do you use cloud services, eg Azure/AWS?
11. How much do you spend per year on the above service?
12. In addition, please provide a copy of your current IT Strategy and an organisation chart depicting the IT department with contact names and telephone numbers.
Dear Ms Smith
Thank you for your email. Your request will now be dealt with under the terms of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, which requires that we respond to you within 20 working days from your request.
We will therefore be required to send you a formal response to your request by 13 August 2019.
NHS Lothian’s policy on Freedom of Information requires all requests to be collated and responded to from the offices of Lothian NHS Board at Waverley Gate, 2-4 Waterloo Place, Edinburgh EH1 3EG.
In the meantime if you have any queries about the way in which your request will be handled please contact me at the address below.
Freedom of Information Officer and Committee Administrator
NHS Lothian Secretariat
2-4 Waterloo Place
Edinburgh, EH1 3EG
0131 465 5676 (35676)
Enclosed is NHS Lothian’s response to your FOI Request.
If you require a signed copy or anything else please let me know.
0131 465 5687
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now