Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
For the most recent period of 6 months and for a corresponding period of 6 months a calendar year before:
Please could you advise me of the following information regarding cases where Universal Credit or (in "alleged claim" disputes only) means-tested Legacy benefits have been COMPLETELY suspended/disallowed following a question regarding entitlement to Universal Credit ("alleged claim" disputes are defined as Universal Credit claims has been made for persons in receipt of legacy means-test benefits which are disputed by the claimant):
1) the number of new cases suspended or disallowed pending investigation
2) the number of existing cases outstanding at the beginning and end of the period
3) the number of cases resolved in the periods (i.e. until entitlement issue resolved and the correct entitlement is paid)
4) the average duration of the Suspension/Disallowance from the point when the claimant's benefit ceased until it was put back into payment at the correct level of entitlement/benefit
5) In how many of these resolved cases has some level of benefit been reinstated
Could you break this down by
a) "alleged claim" cases (as defined above)
b) Cases where the Housing Costs alone is a matter of dispute
c) Cases where a dispute has arisen over work status
d) all other cases
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FOI mailbox.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally expect
a response within 20 working days.
However please be advised that due to the current situation with COVID-19
we cannot guarantee a response within this timescale.
Every effort is being made to respond to FOIs as we would usually but the
current situation means that available Departmental resources will be
needed on other high priority areas.
We kindly ask for your understanding during this unprecedented situation
and we will aim to deal with your FOI request as soon as is practically
Email FOI responses will be issued from [email address]
We recommend that you add this address to your email contacts otherwise
the response may be treated as Spam or Junk mail.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
Dear Mike Robinson,
I am writing in response to your request for information, received 28th
DWP Central FoI Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now