Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
The DWP recently tabled an item of Secondary Legislation entitled the "The Child Support (Miscellaneous Amendments) Regulations 2018" the text of which is available here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018...
These regulations make several changes impacting people exposed to the activities of the "Child Maintenance Service" (CMS) with the following items being the main headlines in the regulations:
- Amendments relating to the grounds for variation (Part 2 of the regulations)
- Amendments relating to deductions from Joint and Business Accounts (Part 3)
- Amendments relating to write off of Arrears of Child Support Maintenance (Part 4)
- Amendments relating to Passport Disqualification Order (Part 5)
In the accompanying Impact assessment (available here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2018...) the policy department focuses exclusively on the amendments relevant to Part 3 (deductions from bank accounts).
Please provide the following under the Freedom of Information Act
- All notes and accompanying work undertaken by those named in the Impact Assessment (Sheena Taylor, Paul Ryder, Valerie Christian, Julia Gault and Laura Webster).
- All materials relating to the impact assessments done for Parts 2,4 & 5) of the Regulations
- All notes, documents and correspondence between the "Better Regulation Unit"
Please also include minutes of meetings where this statutory instrument was discussed.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
Dear DWP freedom-of-information-requests,
To clarify, I am asking for correspondence between the Chikd Maintenance Policy Unit and the Better Regulation Unit as it relates to this Stautory Instrument.