Dear Birmingham City Council,
I’m requesting under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
Your specific guidelines of required supported accommodation for The Regional Framework for Supported Accommodation for all type of Supports for the following as below:
Age Groups: 16-17 year old, 18-24 years old 25-65 years old and 65+
Service User bands: Dementia, Mental Health, Learning disabilities or autistic disorder, Physical disability, Care Leavers, Homelessness, Threaten with Homelessness, Unaccompanied Asylum Seekers, Young person with children, woman needing refuge.
1. Please provide me with the specification for the Regional Framework for Supported Accommodation, which describes in detail what is required of Supported Accommodation providers including the Accommodation for all the above age groups and service user bands.
2. The different types of categories of support that you require (which provide an ‘all inclusive’ or a level of support based on assessed need for all the above age groups and service user bands.
3. The activities work service providers need to do with young people both to safeguard them and to prepare them for independence.
4. The specification that also details quality standards required from service providers for all the above Age Groups and Service User Bands.
5. What is the weekly cost inclusive of support hours and accommodation for
placing a child 16 to 18 years within semi supported accommodation?
6. What is the weekly cost inclusive of support hours and accommodation
for placing an adult 18 to 24 years within semi supported accommodation?
7. What is the weekly cost inclusive of support hours and accommodation for
placing an adult 18-65, 65+ within supported accommodation.
8. Please provide the weekly cost for the following support hours 5, 10 and
15 hours for all age groups mentioned above.
9. What are the decisions Social Services make before choosing a relevant service providers for all the above age groups.
10. How does a Service Providers get on your Approved Service providers List
11. How does a Service Provider register on your Supported Accommodation Regional Framework. Please provide me with link or contact details of the person responsible for your referrals for all Age Groups mentioned above.
Thank you for your request seeking information regarding regional
framework for supported accommodation. Such frameworks are specific to
young people aged 16-17. Questions regarding services provided to young
people aged 16-17, care leavers, and unaccompanied asylum seekers should
be sent to the Birmingham Children’s Trust at the link shown below:
Unfortunately, the rest of your request is too imprecise to allow us to
act on it, and accordingly, we are unable to process your request. We
would be obliged if you could please confirm if your request can be
rephrased to allow us to locate the information that you are seeking.
Birmingham City Council does provide services to adults aged 18-64 and
older adults aged 65+ for most of the service user groups you mention.
However, these are not managed via a regional supported accommodation
framework. Can you therefore clarify what information you are seeking
As soon as we receive your revised request, we will respond within 20
working days. If we have not received a response after 90 days we will
close the request. In this instance we will close the record on 11 April
If you are not satisfied with the decision, you may ask for an internal
review by officers not involved in the handling of this original request.
Please contact Birmingham City Council’s central FOI Team at this address:
Information Governance Team
Performance and Information (WS)
PO Box 16366
Tel: 0121 303 4876 email:
After that, if you are not satisfied with the Council’s decision you may
apply to the Information Commissioner for an independent review at this
The Information Commissioner
Tel: 01625 545700 Web: www.ico.org.uk
Adult Social Care and Health
Birmingham City Council
Telephone 0121 464 0085/0121 303 4720/464 5180
Email: [email address]