Support provided to people assessed as having No Recourse To Public Funds status
Dear South Ayrshire Council,
This is a Freedom of Information request.
I am looking for information on the support provided by the council to people (and their dependents) assessed as having No Recourse To Public Funds (NRPF) under Section 115 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
For each of the last three calendar years where information is available (Please provide figures for each year):
1. How many people with NRPF status have approached the council to request financial assistance?
2. How many people with NRPF status subsequently received financial assistance from the council following an approach? How many people were refused financial support?
3. How many people with NRPF status that subsequently received financial assistance from the council following an approach also had dependent children? How many people with NRPF status and dependent children were refused financial support?
4. What is the total amount spent by the local authority on supporting people with NRPF status? Please break this down into annual housing costs and subsistence costs.
5. How many children of people with NRPF status have been taken into care by the local authority?
6. If any information is shared by the local authority to the Department of Work and Pensions (or other UK Government entity) on people with NRPF status receiving support, please confirm what personal information is shared. If any regular reports are provided to these government agencies please supply a copy of the most recent report provided.
I would prefer not to receive the requested data in a pdf format file. Please provide the requested data in a CSV file or MS Excel file.
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
FOI Team | Information Governance | Resources, Governance and Organisation
| [South Ayrshire Council request email] | Direct Line: 01292 612223 | South
Ayrshire Council | County Buildings | Wellington Square | Ayr, KA7 1DR |
I refer to your recent Freedom of Information request and now enclose the
FOI Team |Democratic and Governance | Resources, Governance and
Organisation | [email address] | 01292 612223 | County
Buildings | Wellington Square | Ayr | KA7 1DR |
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now