Dear Cardiff Metropolitan University,
Under the freedom of information act 2000. I write to obtain the following details:
1) Name and role for IT Manager(s) / Officer(s) primarily responsible for cyber security
2) Names of all cyber security providers you work with and buy from
3) Names of all cyber security vendor(s) you use
3b) Renewal date for the above vendor(s)
3c) Cost and duration for the above contract(s)/license(s)
3d) For what purpose do you use the vendor
(E.g. Firewalls E.g.2 Anti-virus E.g.3 Vulnerability scanning)
4) Number of websites owned by the University
Thank you for your request for information.
The answers to your questions can be found below:
1) Name and role for IT Manager(s) / Officer(s) primarily responsible
for cyber security: Sean Cullinan - Head of Information Services
2) Names of all cyber security providers you work with and buy from?
3) Names of all cyber security vendor(s) you use (and contract
details): We have been asked these questions in a recent Freedom of
Information request and have attached our response to that request.
4) Number of websites owned by the University: Can you clarify what you
mean by websites? Do you mean registered domain names? We have one main
website that is centrally managed but there are some areas of the
University that manage a domain name of their own. If that is what you are
looking for, please let us know and we will endeavour to get this
information to you as soon as possible.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your request has been handled or
with the outcome of the consideration given to your request you may ask
for an internal review. If you are not content with the outcome of an
internal review you have the right to apply directly to the Information
Commissioner for a decision. Our procedure for carrying out internal
reviews is available on our website.
If you have any queries about this e-mail or would like any further
information about either your request or the Freedom of Information Act
generally please do not hesitate to get in touch again by letter, e-mail
([email address]) or telephone (029 2020 5758).
Executive Officer / Swyddog Gweithredol
Tel / Ffôn: 029 2020 5635
Email: [email address]