Dear NHS South of Tyne & Wear,
I am doing some research into Substance Misuse across the North East and I'm therefore interested in the funding and commissioning arrangements for Substance Misuse across NHS South of Tyne & Wear.
Could you please provide me with the following information separated out for each of your local authority areas (South Tyneside, Gateshead and Sunderland).
1) Minutes of all Substance Misuse Joint Commissioning Group meetings for each area from 1st April 2009 to the time of your response to my request. Please include any supporting papers tabled for those meetings. If you would find it easier to post these documents to your website rather than provide them in an email a link to the web address they can be found would suffice.
2) For the financial year 2009/10, details of the amount of funding available in each area from each of:
- the Substance Misuse Pooled Treatment Budget
- the Drug Intervention Programme funding
- any other sources of Substance Misuse funding (including baseline PCT/Local Authority funding)
3) The organisational structure, including the roles and grades/bands of all staff involved in the commissioning of substance misuse services.
4) The cost for each area, for the financial year 2009/10, of the staff and other costs related to the commissioning of substance misuse (including the salary and oncosts of all substance misuse commissioning staff, consultancy spend, IT costs etc.)
5) Details of what, if any, services your substance misuse commissioning team received from external consultants in the financial year 2009/10 including the titles of any reports they produced for you.
6) Details of the organisations in each area which you commissioned in the financial year 2009/10 to provide Substance Misuse Services. Please include the amount of money each organisation received and a summary of the services they were commissioned to provide.
If you need any clarification then please contact me. Under your section 16 duty of the Freedom of Information Act (the duty to provide advice and assistance) I would expect you to contact me if you find this request unmanageable in any way.
Please find attached some of the required documents to satisfy this
Further emails will follow with additional attachments which are to
large for this email.
Information Governance Service
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now