Subsidence at Manchester Road Park, Stockport.

Helen Nicholson made this Environmental Information Regulations request to United Utilities Water PLC
You only have a right in law to access information about the environment from this authority

Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, United Utilities Water PLC should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear United Utilities Water PLC,

Please could you provide details of the subsidence investigations at Manchester Road Park, Stockport. When did subsidence first appear to be a problem, what investigations did you carry out and what do you believe the cause is?

Yours faithfully,

Helen Nicholson

Environmental Information’s Regulations Response, United Utilities Water PLC

Thank you for your email on Wed Apr 18 2018 21:29:36 regarding your
Environmental Information’s Regulations (EIR) enquiry, please take this
email as confirmation that your query has been received and will be dealt
with accordingly.

We will aim to reply to you as soon as possible and no later than 20
working days.

Thank you,
Environmental Information’s Regulations (EIR) Team.

This is an automated response, please do not reply to this message. made the following annotations

show quoted sections

Jain, Rajat, United Utilities Water PLC

Please quote any Legal reference stated in the

e-mail subject header in all communications


Dear Ms Nicholson


I write further to your request for information sent via the
Whatdotheyknow website as included below.


Unfortunately we are still endeavouring to locate the subsidence incident
you are referring to in your request.


Please could we trouble you to provide us with more information on this
both in relation to the exact location of the incident, and what the
subsidence was in connection with. For example if you are able to provide
us with the exact location on Manchester Park Road, such as a property
address including postcode. We would also find it helpful if you could
identify the nature of the subsidence eg was this a collapsed sewer, piece
of land, building (if so which one) ?.


Any further detail you are able to provide would greatly assist us in
locating the information you require.


I look forward to hearing from you further in order to progress this.


Yours sincerely




Rajat Jain

Data Protection & Fraud

Legal Department

United Utilities


P Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail



show quoted sections

Helen Nicholson

Dear Rajat Jain,

I am afraid that I have no knowledge of the exact location of the reported subsidence in Manchester Road Park or what it was connected with. The only information that I have is from your notice on the park gates. It says 'Following a report of subsidence in the Park area, we completed investigation work on the sewer network and found a defect on a section of pipe work which requires an excavation to repair.'

You will have records of the 'report of subsidence in the Park area', who made it and when, so it will be a matter of consulting your records.

Yours sincerely,

Helen Nicholson

Helen Nicholson

Dear Jain, Rajat,
I am afraid that I do not have any of that information. Since United Utilities referred to a 'report of subsidence in the park area' in their notice on the park gates about their repair to the sewer, United Utilities should have had details of this original report. Please consult your organisation for details as I have nothing more than the information contained in your notice.
Yours sincerely,

Helen Nicholson

Julie McDonald left an annotation ()

Is this referring to Abney Hall Park on Manchester Rd Cheadle? The sewer collapsed may be the one to the left of the waterfall at the bottom footbridge it was coughing orange stuff coming out into the brook for two years despite reporting it.

Helen Nicholson left an annotation ()

It refers to the report of subsidence in Manchester Road Park Heaton Chapel. All I have to go on are the United Utilities notices on the park gates.

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site . Find out more .