Dear Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh,
Please provide me with information on the following:
1. For each of the past ten academic years (2008-09 to 2018-19), how many Queen Margaret students have died while a student at the university?
2. Please provide, if possible, a breakdown by gender for each year.
3. For each of the past ten academic years (2008-09 to 2018-19), how many Queen Margaret students have committed suicide while a student at the university?
4. The university’s rationale behind choosing to record or not to record student suicides.
5. University policy regarding all actions the university take after a student commits suicide
Please see attached for the University’s response to your request for information, received by the University on 17 June 2019.
Where any of the material supplied is under copyright you may not reproduce or alter the material without permission of the copyright holder.
If you have any queries or concerns please contact:
Queen Margaret University
Queen Margaret University Drive
East Lothian EH21 6UU
If you have any complaint about the University’s handling of your request for information, you may require the University to review its actions and decisions in relation to this response by writing within 40 working days of the date of your request to FOI, Queen Margaret University, Queen Margaret University Drive, Musselburgh, East Lothian EH21 6UU or at [email address].
You may, within a further six months, if you are dissatisfied with the outcome or with the University’s failure to review its actions and decisions in relation to this response, apply to The Scottish Information Commissioner. Details on how to appeal to the Scottish Information Commissioner is available on their website: www.itspublicknowledge.info/Appeal
Queen Margaret University FOI
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now