Dear Higher Education Statistics Agency,
with reference to your webpage: https://www.hesa.ac.uk/services/custom/d...
Please can you provide:
1. a copy of any data sharing register tracking data releases, to any of these third parties, and any others, with regards to the distribution of personal confidential data collected from universities. It should indicate which data items were in a release.
For example, this may be a link, similar to the Department for Education External Data Shares register, or a similar file, if not available online.
2. A copy of any currently valid data sharing agreement with the OfS.
3. A copy of data sharing agreements with any Employers' organisations since 2010.
4. A copy of the data sharing agreement with any third parties classed as 'media', since 2010.
5. The Data Protection Impact Assessment for 2. (data sharing with the OfS).
Thank you for your consideration.
Thank you for your enquiry. This is an automated message to confirm receipt of your email. A member of the team will be in contact within the next 5 working days.
Your enquiry reference is 00061662, please use this in any correspondence with us.
With kind regards,
Data Intelligence Team
T +44 (0) 1242 211133
Dear Ms Persson,
Thank you for your email dated 5^th June 2019.
HESA is not subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000, however, we
will always try to answer any inquiries about the information that we
collect about UK higher education sector. I have set out below HESA’s
response to your request for information:
1. We do keep records of our data sharing activities but not in a
publishable format because we are not subject to FOI. Where we have made
data available as linked data through the Department of Education these
are listed in the DfE External Data Shares; which you have mentioned you
already have the link for. We have been considering developing and
publishing a similar register on the HESA website and given your interest
in this area we will continue to progress this.
2. We have liaised with OfS and obtained their permission to share a copy
of our current data sharing agreement with OfS with you. A copy is
attached to this email.
3 & 4. We do not share individual data supply agreements with third
parties, but you can view our standard Agreement for the supply of
information services here:
5. HESA does not publish or share its Data Protection Impact Assessments
(DPIA). This is because they contain information about HESA’s security
and IT infrastructure which could prejudice the security of the data if
published. However, you can find out more information about HESA and data
protection from here:
HESA provides information to staff and students regarding how their data
will be used through the HESA Collection Notices, which are available from
Data Protection & Compliance Officer
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ
T +44 (0) 1242 211 135
HESA Twitter HESA Linkedin
--------------- Original Message
Please use this email address for all replies to this request:
[FOI #581019 email]
Is [hesa request email] the wrong address for Freedom of
Information requests to Higher Education Statistics Agency? If so, please
contact us using this form:
Disclaimer: This message and any reply that you make will be published on
the internet. Our privacy and copyright policies:
For more detailed guidance on safely disclosing information, read the
latest advice from the ICO:
Please note that in some cases publication of requests and responses will
If you find this service useful as an FOI officer, please ask your web
manager to link to us from your organisation's FOI page.
7. mailto:[FOI #581019 email]
8. mailto:[hesa request email]
11. mailto:[FOI #581019 email]
12. mailto:[hesa request email]
Important HESA data news: Immediate changes to the Email not displaying
delivery of our products and services correctly?
View it in your
HESA’s data analytics services are now delivered by Jisc. HESA’s data
analytics team have integrated with Jisc’s newly established data
We are contacting you because you have previously requested to receive
information from HESA regarding one or more of HESA’s current or upcoming
new data analytics products.
Over the years, Jisc and HESA have successfully delivered several
collaborative higher education data analytics products and services
including; Heidi Plus, Analytics Labs, Community Dashboards and the
forthcoming Interactive Insights products.
The new data analytics directorate within Jisc, led by Karen Foster
(former Managing Director of HESA’s data analytics team), will combine our
complementary capabilities and experience.
What does this mean to you?
We have tried to limit any changes to the delivery of our products and
services. Our Data Consultancy and Data Insight products are currently
being transitioned to Jisc and there may be a short delay in the
contracting and delivery of these products and services. As you’d expect
when bringing two businesses closer together, there will be some immediate
and some longer-term changes to our processes, which may affect how we
deliver our services to you now and in the future.
Find out more about HESA and Jisc Data Protection Roles.
Why have we integrated with Jisc?
* To combine the very best of Jisc and HESA data analytics expertise
* To advance HE data analytics services within the sector to deliver
leading products and services
* To offer you an enhanced HE data analytics service to support improved
data-driven business decisions.
What will stay the same?
* Our team of highly experienced data analysts remains unchanged, we
look forward to working with you and your colleagues again
* The same telephone number for ordering new Jisc data analytics
products and services +44 (0) 1242 211 133
* Availability of data, including publicised upcoming releases of HESA
* There will be no immediate changes to the way we deliver your data.
What is changing now?
There are a few changes as of today. These include:
* If you wish to continue to find out about future higher education data
and analytics products and services which will now be delivered by
Jisc you will need to opt-in to receive marketing communications
* The email address for new enquiries and customer support has changed
to [email address]
* Product and support information can now be found on Jisc’s website
* You will receive quotations, contracts and invoices from Jisc data
analytics; however, please bear with us during a short transition
period where you may still see HESA logos and documents sent from
Should you have any questions about Jisc data analytics, the delivery of
Data Consultancy and Data Insight services, or anything else, please do
not hesitate to contact us at [email address].
Customer success team
95 Promenade, Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ
T +44 (0) 1242 211 484
01242 211 484
95 Promenade, Cheltenham GL50 1HZ
“We”/“HESA” refers to the Higher Education Statistics Agency Limited
and/or its wholly owned trading subsidiary HESA Services Limited. See
governance and company information.
Copyright © 2019, All rights reserved.
Our mailing address is:
Higher Education Statistics Agency Limited
Cheltenham, GL50 1HZ
5. mailto:[email address]
7. mailto:[email address]
8. mailto:[email address]
11. mailto:[email address]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now