Dear Glasgow City Council,
1. What is the department within Glasgow City Council which has the responsibility for cleaning pavements and street gutters?
2. Does the Council have a policy on this cleaning?
3. If so, how frequently are pavements and gutters supposed to be cleaned? (e.g. once a week, once a month, once a year?)
4. If this varies from area to area, what is the target frequency for the area including Wilton, Kirkland, Dalmally, Raeberry, and Braeside Streets, Glasgow? Is there a particular day of the week, or date of the month on which cleaning is supposed to be carried out in these street, and if so what is it?
5. How thorough is the cleaning supposed to be? For example, only loose items of litter to be picked up, or complete removal of all detritus including leaves and dirt?
6. How is the cleaning of gutters carried out - by small cleaning truck or manually with a brush?
7. If gutters are cleaned by cleaning truck, what is the policy where this is made impossible or difficult by parked cars?
New Service Request was submitted: RQST00004633429
You can simply reply to this Email, and your reply
will automatically be associated with this Service Request
Dear Mr McNair
Please see attached response to your Freedom of Information Request.
If you experience any difficulty in opening the attachment, please let me know and i can forward a paper copy to you.
Communications and Support
Land and Environmental Services
Glasgow City Council
231 George Street
Telephone: 0141 2873670
Email : [email address]
Glasgow - Proud host city of the 2014 Commonwealth Games
Find out more and sign up for email updates at www.getreadyglasgow.com