Dear Home Office,
You've previously confirmed that there are 11 persons still in the country that were meant to be on the charter flight to Nigeria and Ghana on 28-3-17. In your most recent reply: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/6... you have said that no people have been granted asylum, but I have written confirmation from a solicitor representing one of the relevant persons that their client was granted asylum on 1 March 2019 (as well as leave to remain on human rights grounds). I also have reason to believe that the information you've provided in the most recent response is not up to date in other respects either - we believe more than 4 people may have been granted leave or remain or have status entitling them to remain.
Please therefore check your records thoroughly and confirm as of today's date:
1. how many of the 11 still remain in the UK;
2. what is the basis of their claim to remain in the country (eg. asylum, human rights, domestic violence, etc.)
3. how many of these persons have since been granted the right to remain
4. assuming the answer to (2) is yes and the answer to (3) is more than 0, please confirm on what basis those persons have been granted the right to remain
5. how many of these persons have been granted asylum
Please respond within the lawful time limit to avoid me having to refer this matter to the ICO.
Thank you for contacting the Home Office with your request.
This has been assigned to a caseworker (case ref 56164). We will aim to send you a full response by 26/11/2019 which is twenty working days from the date we received your request.
If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to contact us.
Please see the attached response to your FOI request.
Immigration Enforcement Secretariat
Dear Ms Strickland,
Please find attached a response to your recent Freedom of Information Act
Immigration Enforcement Secretariat.
Freedom of Information & Parliamentary Questions Team
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now