Dear Glasgow Caledonian University,
Dear De Montfort University,
We are requesting responses to the following questions.
1. How many Tier 4 international students are enrolled at the university in the 2019-2020 academic year?
2. How many Tier 4 international students have contacted the student funding services to report difficulties with paying their tuition fees on time?
3. What sort of assistance is in place for Tier 4 international students who are unable to pay their tuition fees?
3. What sort of COVID-19 provisions are in place for Tier 4 international students? Please answer for the following:
a. Health and wellbeing, including mental health
b. Immigration advice
c. Other, please elaborate
4. Is the university providing hardship funds for Tier 4 international students? If yes, please also answer the following:
a. How many Tier 4 international students applied for hardship funds?
b. How many Tier 4 international students were granted hardship funds?
c. If a Tier 4 international student was denied a hardship fund, what were the primary reasons for this?
5. Have any Tier 4 international students been reported to the Home Office during the COVID-19 lockdown? If yes, how many?
6. How many Tier 4 international students have contacted the university's immigration support office requiring advice and/or reporting immigration difficulties from March 2020 until August 2020?
Unis Resist Border Controls (URBC)
I acknowledge receipt of your email below.
We will treat this as a request for information under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002(FOISA).
For a request to be valid under FOISA you need to provide your full name in the body of your emailed request. Once you have provided your full name the University will be able to process your request for information.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now