State Enrolled Nurse and Now Registered Nurse

Sarah Daniels made this Freedom of Information request to Nursing and Midwifery Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Nursing and Midwifery Council,

Please pass to FOI person for a reply.

A person sat and passded in UK the SEN exams.
That person would like to become registered as a RN.

1: What is the eqv of an SEN now - RN (part 1)?
2: Can the person use the designation as SEN?
3: Can the person use the designation -RN (non practsing).

Yours faithfully,

Emma Lacy, Nursing and Midwifery Council

Dear Ms Daniels

Thank you for your email dated 24 June 2011. Please accept my apologies
for the delay in responding to you.

The title SEN was previously used by the General Nursing Council. These
qualifications are now known on the register as Registered Nurse - Adult
(level 2).

Someone who has never registered with the Council must not use this title
nor imply that they are registered if they are not. Please note that if a
nursing or midwifery qualification is not registered within 5 years of
completion, the relevant approved course will need to be undertaken again.

I hope the information above clarifies the situation for you.

Kind regards

Emma Lacy
Team Leader - UK Registrations

show quoted sections