Dear University of Oxford,
I write to request the following data concerning staff working for the Faculty of English Language and Literature.
1) Of all academic staff (staff categories 1-3 of the staff classification scheme), how many are on:
- Fixed-term contracts
- Casual contracts
- Permanent contracts
Please provide this data for 2012/13, 2019/20, and 2020/21.
2) Of all staff currently on a fixed-term contract, what number and proportion have been on fixed-term contracts for more than four years continuously.
3) Since March 2020, how many fixed-term contract staff have:
- Had their contracts, a) not renewed, b) not extended, or c) have been made redundant.
- Had their contracts renewed or extended.
Please also supply this information for March-October 2018 and 2019.
4) As is their right under the Fixed-term Employee Regulations 2002, how many fixed-term staff have:
- Complained that they have been treated less favourably that other categories of staff.
- Have appealed their redundancy.
Please supply this data for 2018, 2019, and 2020.
5) In 2018, 2019, and 2020, how many members of academic staff complained of work-related stress, in total and broken down by:
- Fixed-term staff
- Permanent staff
- Casual staff
6) Of all casual staff, how many are on:
- Zero-hours contracts
- Variable hours contracts
- Any other form of casual contract (please specify)
Dear Mr O'Brien,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request.
Subject to any clarification required, the University will aim to reply to your request within the statutory deadline of 20 working days, starting from the day after receipt of your request. Please note that several University departments are under considerable strain because of pressures from the Covid-19 crisis. If your request involves one of these departments, we may find it difficult to respond by the statutory deadline. If we anticipate a delay, we will write to you nearer to the deadline to inform you of the position.
Information Compliance Team
Vice Chancellor’s and Registrar’s Office |University of Oxford
University Offices, Wellington Square, Oxford, OX1 2JD
T. 01865 270285
The contents of this email and any attachments may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please do not copy, print, store or forward this email or any attachments, but please notify the sender immediately and then permanently delete the contents.
Dear Mr O’Brien,
Our reference: FOI/20200925/3
Please find attached the University's response to your requests.
Information Compliance Team
Vice Chancellor’s and Registrar’s
cid:image013.jpg@01CD755D.56992DA0 Office | University of Oxford
University Offices, Wellington
Square, Oxford, OX1 2JD
The contents of this email and any attachments may be confidential. If you
are not the intended recipient, please do not copy, print, store or
forward this email or any attachments, but please notify
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now