Dear Our Lady RC Primary School, Camden, London,
Given the current climate, I believe it is in the public interest
for schools to disclose the following in response to my request for
information. Please treat theis as a request under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000. I do not consider that this request exceeds
the Section 12 cost limit.
I would like to know:-
1. The total number of pupils on the school roll and this number
broken down by
a. religious affiliation
c. first language/mother tongue
Where numbers are small I draw your attention to Information
Commissioner guidance as to where data can be presented anonymously
or in a way that does not identfy individuals
Information about your SRE policy
2. Please highlight when it was last reviewed indicating What that
review process consisted of?
3. What is taught in SRE in your school?
4. At what age do you start teaching SRE?
5. Please provide a list of what resources/materials are used.
6. Please supply a list of external individuals and/or
organisations involved in SRE delivery of any kind?
7. Who did you consult when writing your SRE policy and deciding on
which resources to use? Please indicate: Parents (other than parent
governors), governors, religious organisations, LA, other
8. Please list the names of any other organisations involved in
providing advice on your SRE policy and/or resources.
9. If you consulted parents other than parent governors, please
outline how you conducted the consultation process.
10. If you have held a consultation event for parents, how many
parents attended? Please supply a copy of the invitation letter and
any notes/documents given to parents at the event.
11. Please supply any notes or other documents resulting from your
consultation with parents.
12. Do you inform parents before an SRE programme starts? Please
supply, letter, email or school newsletter containing this
13. How much notice do you give to parents?
14. Do you inform parents of the dates and approximate times (i.e.
morning or afternoon) when SRE lessons will be delivered?
15. Do you hold an information meeting for parents prior to
delivering the programme? Please supply the latest letter inviting
parents to an SRE information meeting.
16. Do you show parents any DVDs or worksheets of the sexual
information to be delivered during the lessons?
17. Approximately how much time do you spend during the meeting on
this aspect of the programme?
18. Do you inform parents that they are legally entitled to
withdraw their children from SRE lessons? If so, how do you
19. Do you tell parents that SRE is a non-statutory part of the
curriculum? If so, how do you communicate this?
20. What provision do you make for children who are withdrawn while
the SRE lessons are being delivered?
21. Do you have an SRE withdrawal policy for parents? If you do,
please supply a copy.
22. How do you notify parents before the start of SRE delivery?
23. How do you send letters to the parents notifying them about
24. How many children were withdrawn from SRE classes during the
last two academic years?
(a) September 2013 – July 2014
(b) September 2014 – July 2015
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now