Spouse ILR

Syed Rizvi made this Freedom of Information request to Home Office

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was partially successful.

Dear Home Office,

I have granted my Indefinte leave to remain in June 2014.
I have 2 sons and a daughter .
1 son and a daughter have a British passport.
My wife and my elder son came in Uk in Nov 2009 on the spouse of PSW visa
When I was applying my ILR same time I applied my wife and elder son FLR(M) and they granted 24 months spouse Visa
Along with the the Biomatrics cards and passports we received the home office letter mentioning you can apply ILR after completing 2 years

My question is when my wife and elder son are eligible to apply for ILR and what income I will have to show in order to take ILR and what documents
Confusion is some Solictor told us they need to spend 5 years on the spouse of ILR but it's clearly mention on the letter they can apply ILR after 2 years
Kindly help me in this matter


Yours faithfully,

Syed Ali Karrar Rizvi

DMC (Croydon), Home Office

Dear Sir / Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail dated 3rd November

I am sorry for the delay in replying to your email.

If you were granted you Indefinite Leave to Remain through Long Residency in the United Kingdom your solicitor has given you the correct advice.

If a PBS migrant is qualifying for settlement under long residence, their dependants will need to apply for further leave to remain as a spouse of a settle person under Appendix FM. The application made on or after 6 April 2014 by their dependant, the following would apply:

• Granted 2.5 years leave under Appendix FM
• Apply for further grant of 2.5 years under Appendix FM
• Eligible for ILR under Appendix FM after five years residency in the UK
• No amalgamation of any previous leave as PBS partner
• Apply for ILR on SET(M)

They will need to use form FLR M to make an application. Please see the link below to obtain the application form:


I hope this information is helpful.

Yours Faithfully,

Edwin Thomas

UK Visas and Immigration

show quoted sections