Special Guardianship Allowance

The request is waiting for clarification. If you are DAVID SMITH, please sign in to send a follow up message.

Dear Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council,
1/ The governments own means testing model recommends that someone on income support etc should not be means tested and the allowance should be paid in full with no deductions for child benefit do you comply with this or do you means test then deduct .

2/ If a child is on DLA do you use this as income when means testing.

3/ when a child is on DLA the child tax credit pay a DISABILITY PREMIUM with the child tax do you deduct this from the allowance or just deduct the basic child tax credit.

4/ Special guardians are told by National support groups that the allowance should be the National minimum fostering allowance rate do you comply with this and what constitutes the minimum ie: pocket money etc etc.

5/ do you increase the allowance annually if not how often do you increase it .

Yours faithfully,


Sandwell MBC, Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

Mr David Smith
Your request for information has been passed to an investigating officer.
Your reference is FS-Case-75741480
Thank you
Sandwell MBC

Sandwell MBC, Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

Dear Mr David Smith,
Information Request - FS-Case-75741480
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. In response to your
request I can confirm the following:
Thank you for your freedom of information request. I can confirm that
Sandwell MBC does not hold the information you have requested. The
information requested will be held by Sandwell Children's Trust, who are
subject to the Freedom of Information Act in their own right. Freedom of
Information requests can be submitted to the Sandwell Children's Trust at
the e-mail address below. Sandwell Children's Trust E-mail:
[email address]
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your
request, and should be addressed to:
Information Management Unit
Sandwell Council House
Freeth Street
West Midlands
B69 3DE
Email – [Sandwell Council request email]
If you are not content with the outcome of an internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Yours sincerely
Sandwell MBC
For your information residents can now use their MySandwell account to log
many Sandwell Council requests online, including reporting missed
collections; fly tipping and pot holes. Residents can also check their
council tax balance on MyAccounts and find ‘MyNearest’ on their
personalised homepage. For information please go
to [1]www.sandwell.gov.uk/mysandwell.


Visible links
1. http://www.sandwell.gov.uk/mysandwell

Looking for an EU Authority?

You can request documents directly from EU Institutions at our sister site AskTheEU.org . Find out more .