Dear Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council,
I am currently trying to research the demands on local authorities and parents of the current special educational needs system and would be grateful if you could respond to this data set of questions.
1. Current Number of Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP’s)
2. Current Number of EHCP’s by age
0 – 5
5 – 11
11 – 16
16 – 19
19 - 25
3. Number of First Tier tribunals registered in the year 2018?
4. Number of First Tier tribunals registered to date 2019?
5. Number of mediation certificates issued in 2018?
6. Number of mediation certificates issued in 2019 to date?
7. Number of EHCP’s completed within the 20-week timescale in 2018?
8. Number of EHCP needs assessment requests in 2018?
9. Number of EHCP needs assessment requests in 2019?
10. % of EHCP requests approved for needs assessment
11. Number of EHCP needs assessment requests in 2019 to date
12. Number of Children at SEN Support
13. Number of Children Home Educated with SEND
14. Current number of children and Young People with EHCPs without a school place.
15. % of EHCP’s for year 6 pupils finalised by 15th February 2019
16. % of EHCP’s for Year 11 pupils finalised by 31st March 2019
Thank you for your email.
Your enquiry has been given the reference number 7993. Please quote this in all future correspondence with regard to this enquiry.
We aim to respond fully to all emails from the public as soon as possible, where they are seeking a response.
If you are requesting information under the Freedom of Information Act or environmental Information Regulations, there is a 20 working day statutory timescale within which to provide the information requested, subject to any exemptions which may apply. The 20 working day timescale will start on the first working day following receipt of your email.
If you have access to the Internet you may wish to see if your enquiry can be dealt with online at www.trafford.gov.uk. The council's website enables many forms to be completed and payments to be made online, as well as providing comprehensive information.
Dear Ms Holt
I am writing in response to your Freedom of Information Request dated 8th May 2019.
Please see the Council's response
1. Current Number of Education Health and Care Plans (EHCP’s) = 1889
2. Current Number of EHCP’s by age -
0 – 5
5 – 11
11 – 16
16 – 19
19 - 25
We have amended the breakdown for this question to avoid double counting:
0 - 5 = 106
6 - 11 = 649
12 - 16 = 676
17 - 19 = 354
20 - 25 = 104
3. Number of First Tier tribunals registered in the year 2018? 26
4. Number of First Tier tribunals registered to date 2019? - 4
5. Number of mediation certificates issued in 2018? - 15
6. Number of mediation certificates issued in 2019 to date? - 3
7. Number of EHCP’s completed within the 20-week timescale in 2018? - 47
8. Number of EHCP needs assessment requests in 2018? - 331
9. Number of EHCP needs assessment requests in 2019? - 163
10. % of EHCP requests approved for needs assessment - 2018 - 84%
11. Number of EHCP needs assessment requests in 2019 to date - duplicate of question 9
12. Number of Children at SEN Support - 4021
13. Number of Children Home Educated with SEND - 7
14. Current number of children and Young People with EHCPs without a school place. - 6 - these YP are accessing education through alternative provision whilst waiting for a school place
15. % of EHCP’s for year 6 pupils finalised by 15th February 2019 - 76%
16. % of EHCP’s for Year 11 pupils finalised by 31st March 2019 - 63%
I hope this is helpful however if you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your original letter and should be addressed to: Information Governance Manager, Trafford Council, Town Hall, Talbot Road Stretford M33 0TH or via email to [Trafford Council request email]
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future communications.
If you are not content with the outcome of the internal review, you have the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
FOI Business Support Officer
Trafford Town Hall
Tel: 0161 912 1941
Fax: 0161 912 5774
Trafford Council is a well performing, low cost council delivering excellent services to make Trafford a great place to live, learn, work and relax.
You can find out more about us by visiting
The supply of information in response to a freedom of information request does not confer an automatic right to re-use the information. Under UK copyright law you can use any information supplied for the purposes of private study and non-commercial research without requiring permission. Similarly, information supplied can also be re-used for the purposes of news reporting. An exception to this is photographs.
For other forms of re-use, for example publishing the information, you would need the permission of the organisation or person who owns the copyright. In the case of information produced by government departments and agencies you can re-use the information under the Open Government Licence. For information about this please see http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/o...
If, however, the copyright is identified as belonging to somebody else, you will need to apply for permission. For information about how to obtain permission from a third party, please go to Intellectual Property Office’s website at www.ipo.gov.uk
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now