Dear Lancaster University,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, please provide answers to the following:
1. Do you monitor attendance of users of rooms including the physical number of individuals occupying a room for an event?
2. How do you monitor attendance of users of rooms?
a. If it is via an attendance monitoring system please state which one you are using?
3. If you monitor the usage of space:
a. What percentage of your planned or centrally recorded teaching activity takes place?
b. What percentage is recorded as not having taken place?
4. If you monitor the actual levels of occupation of general teaching rooms (Classrooms) what is the average percentage of recorded occupation within the rooms during general Undergraduate teaching weeks.
5. What percentage of teaching rooms do you monitor?
6. How many teaching rooms do you have by the following categories:
- Lecture Theatre
- Computer Lab
- All other specialist teaching spaces
i. Please specify what these Specialist Teaching Spaces are.
a. How many of these rooms are managed centrally or locally (i.e. within a college of faculty)?
7. Do you have a timetabling policy?
a. If you have a timetabling policy do you state the hours that teaching will take place between?
b. Do you differentiate between “Day or Core Hours” and “Evening or Non-Core Hours” and if so what are these hours?
8. What percentage of your teaching is held during the hours of:
a. 9:00 am – 5:00 pm?
b. 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm?
Thank you for submitting a request for information from Lancaster
University under the Freedom of Information Act. Your request ID is: 2464.
Please quote this in all enquiries.
We will endeavour to respond to your request as soon as possible, and this
will be within a maximum of twenty working days from the working day
following receipt. If we do not hold the information you have requested,
we will confirm this to you.
If you have supplied an email address, contact will usually be via email,
otherwise, this will be by letter.
Should we require further clarification in order to respond to your
request, or if the request is chargeable, we will contact you. We
appreciate your patience while we deal with your request. If you have an
enquiry regarding your request, email: [email address]
The personal information you have supplied will be stored by Lancaster
University under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and used to
process the request; it will be retained for a reasonable period.
Lancaster University ensures that only staff that have a business reason
to look at your information or data can do so. Lancaster University will
never sell personal information or data or share personal information or
data with third parties unrelated to the services we provide unless we are
required to do so by law or unless you have told us you consent to our
Departmental Information Officer
Dear Ms Greencup,
Please find attached the response to your recent FOI request.
The Information Governance Team
cid:image001.png@01D3393A.64EBFCB0 Follow us on Twitter
cid:image002.png@01D3393A.64EBFCB0 Find us on Facebook
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now