1. Two blocks of flats were built on the site of a former disabled children's home in Britwell's Rokesby Road. The site is between number 71 and the southern side of Lilac Court.
2. In keeping with Slough Unitary Authority's ('SUA') public "standards" neither block displays an external name or a door number.
3. What is SUA's planning policy, if any, for new buildings, i.e. built after 1998, to display door numbers visible from the public highway ?
4. Was any "display door numbers" requirement imposed by SUA upon the developer ? If so, what ?
5. Residents say they live in The Beeches, 73-79 Rokesby Road.
6. Royal Mail postcodes show Rokesby Road but there are no entries between door numbers 71 and 80.
7. SUA allocates DOOR NUMBERS so can SUA advise whether or not it informed Royal Mail of the door numbers for these anonymous flats ?
8. Will SUA take action to ensure both blocks of flats can be clearly identified by VISIBLE Rokesby Road door numbers and, if so, when ?
9. How many, if any, residents of the anonymous 17 flats at 73-79 Rokesby Road are shown on the current Electoral Roll ?
Thank you for your email.
Providing excellent customer services is one of the council’s key
Your enquiry will now be forwarded to the relevant department to answer.
We will reply fully to all written enquiries within 10 working days
although we aim to reply to emails sooner than this.
If your enquiry is a Freedom of Information request, the council may take
up to 20 working days to respond.
If you do not receive a satisfactory response by this time you can contact
our complaints department. More details here:
'Disclaimer: You should be aware that all e-mails received and sent by
this Organisation are subject to the Freedom of Information Act 2000 and
therefore may be disclosed to a third party. (The information contained in
this message or any of its attachments may be privileged and confidential
and intended for the exclusive use of the addressee). The views expressed
may not be official policy but the personal views of the originator. If
you are not the addressee any disclosure, reproduction, distribution,
other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited.
If you received this message in error please return it to the originator
and confirm that you have deleted all copies of it. All messages sent by
this organisation are checked for viruses using the latest antivirus
products. This does not guarantee a virus has not been transmitted.
Please therefore ensure that you take your own precautions for the
detection and eradication of viruses.'
For the attention of Mrs Jane Ward,
Please note Slough Unitary Authority's reply is now overdue.
Dear Mr Janik
I have been asked by Neil Wilcox the Director for Finance and Resources to respond to your email below. He has specifically asked that I remind you of the letter he sent to you on the 11th December 2017.
You will be aware that the letter outlined the arrangements for the future forms of communication that the council would accept from you for the 6 months, following the date of that letter. The letter made it clear that any emails from you, will not be responded to during that time.
You were also informed that should any vexatious communications occur within this 6 month period, contrary to the conditions outlined in the letter, further consideration will be given regarding how you communicate with Slough Borough Council in future.
Please accept this email as a notice of refusal to answer your request or any request for a review.
Should you submit further FOI requests before you have been informed that your ban has been lifted, these will not be acknowledged or responded to.
Regards, SBC FOI Officer
Dear Jane Ward,
I will challenge Neil Wilcox's behaviour in the High Court and, obviously, publish the news worthy story.
copy Nigel Pallace, acting Head of Paid Service
copy Cllr James Swindlehurst, Leader of Labour-run Slough Unitary Authority.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now