Dear Eastleigh Borough Council,
1. What Software Systems are currently used by the Council for Planning, Land Charges, Building control and Public Protection/Licencing/Environmental Health?
2. When does each contract expire ?
3. How much does each system cost annually?
4. Are you planning to go to market for a different Software System? If so, when?
5. How many users / licenses for each system do you have?
6. Who is the person responsible for your Software System? Please provide full name, title and contact information if possible
Dear Ms Taylor,
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request which we received on 14 August 2019. I can confirm that Eastleigh Borough Council does hold the information requested.
The Council considers the information to be exempt under section 21 of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) 2000. This is because the information is already in the public domain and is reasonably accessible by downloading our contracts register at https://www.eastleigh.gov.uk/council/gen....
Please note, this info is updated quarterly and therefore any information in between the time frame will be exempt from disclosure as the council considers the information to be exempt from disclosure under S22 of the Freedom of Information Act. Section 22 of the Freedom of Information Act states that information which is intended for future publications are exempt from disclosure. This is a qualified exemption.
A qualified exemption means that a decision is made in light of the public interest in maintaining the exemption being weighed against the public interest in disclosure.
Public interest in disclosure
• As a public body it is Eastleigh Borough Council’s duty to be transparent and accountable for its decisions
• It is Eastleigh Borough Council’s duty to comply with the principles of the FOIA and relay its benefits of transparency
Public interest in applying the exemption
• The information is going to be published to the public quarterly therefore there is no requirement to disclose the information to an individual before the publish date.
Therefore it is considered that the public interest in withholding the information outweighs that of the public interest in the disclosure of the information.
In regards to the responsible person, the Council does not hold this information in recorded form. Please note that by providing this information in response to your Freedom of Information Act request, neither Eastleigh Borough Council nor any of the officers named consent to receiving either any marketing In whatever form) or telephone calls from you; your company or clients of either you or your company. We would ask that you note this as should we receive any such communication we will not hesitate to consider it a breach of the General Data Protection Regulations and report it accordingly.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any further enquiries regarding your request.
If you wish to make a request for internal review with regards to your information request please contact:
Mr Ian Austin
Solicitor- Legal Services Manager
Upper Market Street
Fax: 023 8064 3843
Email: [email address]
If you are unhappy with the way in which your complaint is dealt with then you may apply to the Information Commissioner for a decision. The contact details for the Information Commissioner are:
The Information Commissioners Office
Freedom of Information Officer
This e-mail is subject to recording and/or monitoring. Any content or
attachments are for the person to whom it is addressed, and may be
If you get it by mistake, please email us back as soon as possible,
and then delete it from your system;
please do not pass it on to anyone else, or use the information in it.
We do our best to guard against viruses. If you get a virus, we
cannot accept liability for any damage.
You should carry out your own virus check before you open attachments.
Eastleigh Borough Council
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now