Dear Rother District Council,
Please could you provide the following information regarding your current Software System:
1. What Software Systems are currently used by the Council for Planning, Land Charges, Building control and Public Protection/Licencing/Environmental Health?
2. When does each contract expire ?
3. How much does each system cost annually?
4. Are you planning to go to market for a different Software System? If so, when?
5. How many users / licenses for each system do you have?
6. Who is the person responsible for your Software System? Please provide full name, title and contact information if possible
Dear Ms Taylor
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000
I refer to your request below. Your request for information does not appear to have any clear public interest purpose. Your request seems to be a commercial request seeking details in order to sell goods or services. Without clear public interest the Council considers commercial requests vexatious in line with the Upper Tribunal ruling recently upheld by the Court of Appeal http://www.bailii.org/uk/cases/UKUT/AAC/...
The Judge indicates in paragraphs 35 and 38 that improper use of FOIa (such as no public interest) is a valid consideration to make when considering if a request is vexatious. Using FOI to gain a commercial advantage or opportunity over another can be included within this definition.
The information requested is withheld from disclosure under Section 14 of the Act.
If you do not agree with the Council’s decision, please advise why you consider publication through FOI is in the public interest as opposed to a commercial purpose. Please be mindful that public interest does not mean “curiosity or desire” for the information nor the private interests of the requestor. Its meaning here is the “public good” therefore before we proceed with your request we will need to determine there is some purpose which benefits the general public in releasing the information you have requested.’
Freedom of Information Manager
Rother District Council
Bexhill on Sea TN39 3JX
T: 01424 787000
E: [Rother District Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now