Social Media Management Tool
Ellie Jones made this Freedom of Information request to Covent Garden Market Authority as part of a batch sent to 24 authorities
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear Covent Garden Market Authority,
I would be most grateful if you would provide me, under the Freedom of Information Act, the information requested below.
The details we require are:
1. Who is your social media management and monitoring tool supplier?
2. Start date & duration of framework/contract with the supplier
3. Actual spend on this contract/framework (and any sub lots), from the start of the contract to the current date
4. Who is the senior officer (outside of procurement) responsible for this contract?
Thank you for your help.
Thank you for contacting Covent Garden Market Authority (CGMA). We will
aim to reply to your email as soon as possible, usually within one working
While you wait for us to get back to you below are answers to the
questions we are most often asked.
1. A COVID-safe Market
• Face masks and coverings must be worn while on the market, both inside
• Please wash or sanitise your hands before entering Market buildings
• Please respect social distancing at all times
2. CGMA Office Hours
• Covent Garden Market Authority are the organisation responsible for
running the Market.
• Our office hours are 8am to 4pm, Monday to Friday.
3. Market Opening Hours
• Fruit and Vegetable Market: Midnight until 6am, Monday to Saturday.
• Most businesses on the Fruit and Vegetable Market take orders for
delivery from 7am – 3pm, Monday to Friday. To place an order please
contact them directly, you can find their contact details in
our wholesaler directory
• Flower Market: 4am – 10am, Monday to Friday & 4am – 9am Saturday
• Opening hours may vary. Please call your wholesaler or supplier to
check if they are open before you visit.
4. Address and getting to New Covent Garden Market
• You can find a map of the market and directions on our website.
• For driver navigation please use the postcode SW8 5BH
• Our postal / delivery address is CGMA, The Food Exchange, New Covent
Garden Market, Nine Elms Lane, SW8 5BH
5. Parking at the Market
• If you are visiting the market or work here, there are two car-parking
buildings for you to park in, one at the Fruit and Vegetable Market
and one at the Flower Market. These work on a pay-on-foot system, so
you pay at a machine before leaving. For parking locations, please see
the map of the market.
• Cars are not encouraged to come on to the Fruit and Vegetable Market.
If you are coming to the Fruit and Vegetable Market and are entering
the market to collect or deliver bulk quantities of produce, you will
be required to pay £5 when you drive in, which allows for up to three
• If you visit either Market regularly you may save money by buying an
annual permit. For more information or to request a permit, please
call us on 020 7720 2211.
6. As a trade customer do I need to register before visiting the market
for the first time?
• Trade customers are welcome to visit our Fruit and Vegetable Market
and Flower Market. There is no need to register, show ID or become a
7. Can members of the public buy from the Market?
• Members of the public can visit and buy from the Fruit and Vegetable
and Flower Markets. If you are a member of the public visiting the
Flower Market, we advise that you visit after 8am when most trade
customers have finished buying.
8. Queries about what is available, deliveries, or becoming a
• CGMA who operate this email account are the landlord for the market.
• If you want to find out what is available to buy on any given day or
if you would like to supply businesses at New Covent Garden Market, we
advise that you contact the market businesses directly. You can find
their contact details in our wholesaler directory.
9. Media enquiries
• If you have a press or media enquiry, please
email [email address] or call 020 7240 2444.
10. Emergency contact
• In an emergency, please call our Security team on 020 7501 0987.
11. CGMA phone number
• If you’d like to talk to us, please call 020 7720 2211.
[Covent Garden Market Authority request email]
Covent Garden Market Authority
New Covent Garden Market
London SW8 5EL
Download directions to our offices here
E [Covent Garden Market Authority request email]
T 0207 720 2211
Follow us on Instagram:
@MarketFlowers and @MarketFood
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now