Please provide, list and detail the following:
1. Between 1 January 2015 to current date (30 October 2019), how many reports of social media crimes such as stalking/harassment/malicious communications/sending offensive & threatening messages over a public electronic communications network such as Twitter or Facebook have been reported to your force?
2. Between 1 January 2015 to current date (30 October 2019), how many reports of social media crimes such as stalking/harassment/malicious communications/sending offensive & threatening messages over a public electronic communications network such as Twitter or Facebook have been resolved and closed?
3. Of such reports, how many were closed on the basis of no case to answer/no crime committed?
4. Of such reports, how many resulted in action being taken against the alleged perpetrators reported?
5. Of such reports, were the victims requested to make statements with a view to prosecution?
6. Of such reports, how many resulted in successful prosecution of the perpetrators?
7. Of such successful prosecutions, were the victim's experiences analysed to inform officers and civilian personnel for future reference of the negative effects of social media crime on the victims?
Rwy'n cydnabod bod y swyddfa hon wedi derbyn eich ymholiad.
Fel y nodwyd yn y Ddeddf Rhyddid Gwybodaeth ein nod fydd ymateb i'ch cais
o fewn 20 diwrnod gwaith. Fodd bynnag, mewn rhai achosion efallai na allwn
wneud hyn o fewn y terfyn amser. Os bydd hyn yn digwydd, cewch wybod pryd
rydych yn debygol o gael ymateb.
Efallai y bydd angen trosglwyddo rhai ceisiadau i Awdurdod arall er mwyn
ateb yr ymholiad. Unwaith eto, byddwn yn cysylltu â chi os bydd angen
Os bydd gennych unrhyw gwestiynau ynglyn â'ch cais cysylltwch â ni.
I acknowledge receipt of your query received by this office.
As set out by the Freedom of Information Act it will be our aim to respond
to your request within 20 working days. In some cases, however, we may be
unable to achieve this deadline. If this occurs we will advise you of the
likely timescale within which the response will be provided.
Some requests may also require transference to another Authority in order
to answer the query. Again you will be contacted if this is required.
If you have any questions regarding your request please contact us.
I write for clarification with regards to your FOI request.
Please could you confirm:
* Did you want all social media in one figure or broken down by each one. For example a figure for Facebook and the a figure for Twitter.
* Also there are a wide range of social media websites, we cannot differentiate which to include or exclude. It is done with a key word search so can you provide us with a list of social media websites they want us to search for.
Please advise how you would like to proceed.
My request merely exemplifies certain types of social media. The information requested by me relates solely to your recorded statistics with reference to social media as a whole.
In order to get information about crimes committed on social media we need to conduct a key word search. This means we need you to provide the websites you want us to search. We can't search 'social media' because crimes aren't recorded in this way.
the FOI was completed based on stalking and harassment cyber-crimes. It is important to note that this includes more than social media.
Please can you let us know at your earliest convenience so we can carry on with your FOI.
Thank you for your reply.
Please search stalking and harassment cyber-crimes.
You are a police force. This is a FOI request.
I am asking you to search your own database(s) for social media offences such as malicious communications.
To move forward with your request, we need for you to tell us what social media sites you want us to search? As there are so many social media sites it would mean our researchers would have to trawl through the files, which would then be a S12.
As soon as we receive your clarification we can carry on with your request.
I've explained clearly what I seek.
Is there some reason why you cannot interrogate your force's databases for search terms such as 'Malicious Communications' etc.?
For clarity, I refer to cross-indexing against Twitter and Facebook.
Dear S Rhosier,
Please see attached the response to your recent Freedom of Information request
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now