Dear Merton Borough Council,
1. How many one bedroom general needs properties do you have available to Let (voids) this week?
2. How many tenants are deemed to be under-occupying, and needing one bed accommodation?
3. How many people are already on the waiting list for one bedroom properties?
Your email has been received by the London Borough of Merton.
If you have made a Freedom of Information request it will be considered.
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 defines a number of exemptions that
may prevent us releasing information you have asked for. We will assess
your request to see if any of the exemption categories apply. We will tell
you if this is the case and let you know how you can appeal against our
If the information you have asked for contains a reference to a third
party then we might be consult them before deciding whether or not to
release the information to you. We will tell you if this is likely to
cause any delay to our response.
We intend to respond to your request within 20 working days, as defined by
the Freedom Of Information Act 2000.
If you have any queries or concerns then please contact the Freedom of
Information Officer at the London Borough of Merton, Civic Centre, London
Road, Morden SM4 5DX or e-mail [Merton Borough Council request email]
Further information is also available from the Information Commissioner
Information Commissioner's Office
Telephone: 0303 123 1113
Website : www.ico.gov.uk
1. mailto:[Merton Borough Council request email]
Dear Linda Sinclair
Freedom of Information Act 2000/ Environmental Information Regulations
2004- Information request
We have now considered your request for information as set out below.
1. How many one bedroom general needs properties do you have available to
Let (voids) this week?
2. How many tenants are deemed to be under-occupying, and needing one bed
3. How many people are already on the waiting list for one bedroom
1. We are no longer a social landlord. Our former Housing Stock was
transferred to Merton Priory Homes
http://www.circle.org.uk/merton-priory-h... who are a private sector
landlord. As such they are outside the scope of the Freedom of Information
but they may give you a courtesy reply if you ask them. In summary we have
no properties to let of any size.
2. As stated above, we do are not a social landlord, so we do not have
any tenants. However our Housing Benefits department processes claims for
rent subsidy for those tenants of ANY landlord in the area who need help.
They would however not know about any under-occupancy of properties where
the tenant does not choose to make a benefits claim. Advice on Housing
Benefits is published on our website at
3. As stated above we are not a landlord so do not directly let social
tenancies. Advice on Housing Needs is published on our website at
If you have any queries or concerns about this please contact me.
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request please contact
Karin Lane, the Head of Information Governance at Merton Council, Civic
Centre, Morden, SM4 5DX or e-mail [Merton Borough Council request email]
If you remain dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint,
you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner at:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF.
Telephone:0303 123 1113
There is no charge for making an appeal.
Information Officer (FOI/DPA)
020 8545 4634
Description: Description: untitled
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now