Social care payments and arrears

Torbay Borough Council did not have the information requested.

Dear Torbay Borough Council,

Could you please help me out with the following FOI request?

1. In your local authority, on the latest date for which figures were available, can you provide the total number of people in your local authority area you have assessed as having to pay for any aspect of their social care, including but not limited to:
(a) home care
(b) day care
(c) community alarms
(d) other non-residential community care services?

2. How people are currently in arrears of payment of their social care charges (by this I mean having missed at least one payment)?

3. How many people currently have debt management procedures commenced against them by your authority for non-payment of social care charges (by this I mean any escalation in debt recovery, e.g. automated reminders, letter before action and referral to debt collection agency)?

4. How many people have had court proceedings begun against them relating to non payment of social care changes in 2017/18 and 2018/19?

I would like to receive the information electronically. Please contact me if you need any clarification.

Yours faithfully,

Jon Parker-Dean

Freedom of Information, Torbay Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Parker-Dean


Further to your request received on 26 April 2019 I can confirm that
Torbay Council does not hold the information you have requested and have
identified that your request would be more appropriately addressed to
Torbay and South Devon NHS Foundation Trust (TSDFT) who is responsible for
Adult Social Care within Torbay.


To obtain the information you have requested, please contact TSDFT
directly, whose contact details are as follows:


Post: Data Access & Disclosure Office

Hengrave House

Torbay Hospital

Lowes Bridge

Torquay TQ2 7AA


Email: [1][email address]


If you have any queries about this email please do not hesitate to contact
us directly, quoting the reference number listed at the top of this email
in all communications.


If you are unhappy with the Council’s response to your request and wish to
make a complaint please write to Information Compliance, Town Hall, Castle
Circus, Torquay, TQ1 3DR or complete the on-line complaint form that can
be found at [2]


If your complaint is not resolved to your complete satisfaction, you may
apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision.


Information Helpline: 0303 123 1113
Commissioner 01625 545 745
Wycliffe [3][email address]
House Email:
Water Lane Website:


Cheshire SK9


Yours sincerely




Bee Laithwaite

Information Compliance

Torbay Council

Torquay Town Hall

Castle Circus



01803 207177

*: [5][email address]



The Information Compliance Team will aim to acknowledge correspondence
within 3 working days unless a restriction is in place.


show quoted sections