Dear West Yorkshire Police,
1. Please provide the number of Sexual Offences Act Section 96b Search Warrants applied for by WYP since January 2019.
2. Please provide the number of Sexual Offences Act Section 96b Search Warrants denied issue by the judiciary for WYP since January 2019.
3. Please provide the number of Sexual Offences Act Section 96b Search Warrants executed by WYP that resulted in an arrest under PACE 1984 legislation since January 2019.
4. Please provide the number of Sexual Offences Act Section 96b Search Warrants executed by WYP that resulted in an arrest under PACE 1984 legislation since January 2019 and that then resulted in a conviction.
5. Please provide the number of Sexual Offences Act Section 96b Warrants that have been judged as invalid after being executed since January 2019.
Thank you for your request for information which has been logged today.
Your request will now be considered and you will receive a response within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as defined by the Act, subject to the information not being exempt.
If you no longer require the information, please inform us at your earliest convenience.
Please see the attached document in relation to your request.
West Yorkshire Police, PO Box 9, Laburnum Road, Wakefield WF1 3QS
Telephone: 01924 296006
This email transmission may contain confidential or legally privileged
information and is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the
intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution, retention or
reliance upon the contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this in
error, please use the reply function to notify us immediately and
permanently delete the email and any attachment(s) from your computer or
electronic device. West Yorkshire Police reserves the rights to routinely
monitor incoming and outgoing e-mail messages and cannot accept liability
or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the content and, as
internet communications should not be considered as secure, for changes
made to this message after it was sent. Any views or opinions expressed in
this message may not be those of the West Yorkshire Police. This email was
scanned for viruses by the West Yorkshire Polices' anti-virus services and
on leaving the Force was found to be virus and malware free. You must take
full responsibility for any subsequent virus or malware checking.
Dear West Yorkshire Police,
Please pass this on to the person who conducts Freedom of Information reviews.
I am writing to request an internal review of West Yorkshire Police's handling of my FOI request 'SOA 2003 s.96b Warrant Statistics'.
I quote: "The search warrants requested are not easily extractable and would require a manual review of all
occurrences relating to Registered Sex Offenders (RSOs). West Yorkshire Police currently have 3,072
RSO’s in the community. At an estimate of 3 minutes per occurrence this would take 153 hours."
The number of RSOs registered is irrelevant as it does not equate to the number of SOA2003 96b occurrences, as well as being a transient figure. The maths is flawed.
A full history of my FOI request and all correspondence is available on the Internet at this address: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/s...
Thank you for your email. We have logged your request for an internal review. You will be contacted once the outcome has been established. Please note the new number above.
West Yorkshire Police
Admin 4, Laburnum Road, Wakefield WF1 3QS
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now