Dear Kingston upon Thames Borough Council,
1. How many sheltered housing and extra care units are there in the borough?
2. How many sheltered housing and extra care blocks of flats are there in the borough?
3. Of these available units (referring to question 1), what are the [current] void rates?
4. Of the current blocks of flats (referring to question 2), how many of the blocks are [currently] void/vacant?
5. How many units are ‘fit for purpose’ (referring to question 1)? i.e. meet the needs of the group they purport to serve
Daniel A. Jenyo
Dear Mr Daniel,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST - REF NO -F0750
(please quote in correspondence)
I acknowledge your request for information received on 10/05/2019 relating
to Sheltered Housing and Extra Care.
Your request is being considered and, if it is held, you will receive the
information requested within the statutory timescale of 20 working days as
defined by the Freedom of Information Act 2000, subject to the information
not being exempt or containing a reference to a third party.
If appropriate, the information may be provided in paper copy, normal font
size. If you require alternative formats, e.g. language, audio, large
print, etc. then please let us know.
For your information, the Act defines a number of exemptions which may
prevent release of the information you have requested. There will be an
assessment and if any of the exemption categories apply then the
information will not be released. You will be informed if this is the
case, including your rights of appeal.
If the information you request contains reference to a third party then
they may be consulted prior to a decision being taken on whether or not to
release the information to you. You will be informed if this is the case.
A fee may be payable for this information. This will be considered and
you will be informed if a fee is payable. In this event the fee must be
paid before the information is processed and released. The 20 working day
time limit is suspended until receipt of the payment.
Please be advised that in line with the Royal Borough of Kingston's
commitment to transparency, in due course an anonymous copy of your
request and our response may be published on our website.
Customer Experience Team.
Dear Mr Daniel,
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT 2000 - INFORMATION REQUEST - REF NO - F0750
I refer to your request for information received on 10/05/2019 concerning
Sheltered Housing and Extra Care Housing. Please accept my apologies for
the delay in responding to you.
1.The Royal Borough of Kingston has 830 units of sheltered accommodation.
We have no extra care units.
2. There are 21 sheltered housing blocks across the Borough.
3. On the 16th May 2019 there were 22 sheltered housing voids.
4. None of our sheltered housing blocks are currently void or vacant.
5. Our sheltered units are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the group
they purport to serve.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your request has been handled you
have the right to ask for an internal review. Please notify us in writing
as soon as possible with the grounds upon which you feel the appeal is
justified to : [Kingston upon Thames Borough Council request email] or by post to Customer Care,
Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey, KT1 1EU
We aim to respond to you within 20 working days of receiving your request.
If it is going to take longer we will let you know.
Should you still be dissatisfied with the outcome you have the right to
refer to the Information Commissioner: Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF www.ico.org.uk
Lead Officer - Older & Vulnerable Peoples Housing
The Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
Disclaimers apply, for full details see :
1. mailto:[Kingston upon Thames Borough Council request email]
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now