Dear Peterhouse, Cambridge,
I am writing to request information on the financial relationships the college holds with the arms and tobacco trade (specifically, but not limited to:
- BAE Systems
- Smiths Group
- VT Group
- United Technologies
- Airbus SE
- Lockheed Martin
- Caterpillar Inc,
- General Dynamics
- Northrop Grumman
- Raytheon, Textron and Thales Group
- L3 communications
- Philip Morris
- British American Tobacco
- Imperial Brands
Please include the following information:
1) A portfolio statement for the fund(s) the college has investments in. If you do not have a copy of this, please send me a list of the names of the fund(s) and the corresponding management companies. Details should be broken down, year-by-year for the last five financial years.
2) Please also confirm if any shares are held in arms trade companies as part of a pension fund or endowment, either directly or indirectly through an externally managed fund. Details should be broken down, year-by-year for the last five financial years.
In reply to your FOI request of 16 June, our Finance team has provided the
At 30 June 2020 (Peterhouse’s financial year end) Peterhouse held none of
the shares you listed either directly or through its Fund Managers. We are
not aware of any such direct holdings of shares in the arms and tobacco
The College did hold the following shares (which you listed) but these
were sold as detailed below:
· During the 5 year period to April 2020 the College held 5,084
United Technologies1.00 USD shares.
· During the 5 year period to March 2018 the College held between
67,340 and 158,249 GKN plc 0.01 GBP shares.
Pension fund investments are managed by the Trustees of the pension funds
and their advisors, so we do not keep this detailed information.
I attach a list of our current portfolio for reference.
Tel: 01223 338202
Follow us on:
Registered Charity No. 1137457
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now