Shared Care Records under the new ICS / ICB System
The Citizens made this Freedom of Information request to Our Healthier South East London as part of a batch sent to 64 authorities
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear Our Healthier South East London,
I'm writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) to ask that you please disclose to me details of the shared care records created under your ICB (I'm aware that as this is a transitional process, that in some instances trusts or CCGs have been copied into this Email, as it's not entirely clear the status of establishment of all, hence my reason for doing so.
1. how many of the ICS/ICBs are created already, and operational / is yours
2. How many / has yours created shared care records?
3. Who were the systems that these records sit on created by, as in which third party software provider (for instance, Graphnet)
4. Who creates the Shared Care Records themselves, ie GPs, Hospitals, Social Care Providers (if so, please name them for your area).
5. Who, outside of the NHS has access to them? For instance; DwP, Immigration, Local Councils, GPs, the local Police, Social Care, or private health providers (if so, this last question is in two parts - firstly a confirmation or denial that this is or is not the case - then a list of the private providers you work with please).
6. How do people opt out of this if they want to?
7. How have people been told they can opt out, as in, by Email, Phone, leaflet in local GP surgery. and what % of people that your ICB (or relevant body) covered have been informed directly about this restructuring or their records, and to stress, how have they been most importantly - please list any and all initiatives for this.
8. How many opt outs have their been?
9. Is awareness for the ShCRs being done at any point on a national level, or as stated above, purely through brochures inside local clinics - please explain any national drive there is to inform people of this new set of decisions, and what the response has been to it (ie both the methods people have responded by, and amount of people who have responded)
Thank you for your email. The team will respond shortly to acknowledge
Important – please note for requests to NHS Surrey Heartlands CCG, NHS
Kent and Medway CCG and NHS Northamptonshire CCG.
From 1 April 2022 if your email is in relation to FOI request for the
following CCG’s, you must resend to the relevant email address listed
below. Emails will not be automatically forwarded and will not be
Dear Mr Colbert
Unfortunately, we will not be able to process this request as Our
Healthier South East London is not a statutory body or public authority
and is therefore not subject to the FOI Act (‘the Act’) and cannot receive
Instead, the system is made up of a group of healthcare organisations. You
would need to make your request to the membership organisations directly,
as they are statutory organisations and comply with the Act.
Please note that this request has been received and logged for NHS South
East London CCG. You would need to contact the other organisations (such
as the Trusts and Local Authorities) directly though.
Freedom of Information Team
NHS London Shared Service
Lower Marsh, 3^rd Floor
Waterloo, London, SE1 7NT
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now