Shared Care Records under the new ICS / ICB System
The Citizens made this Freedom of Information request to NHS Coventry and Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group as part of a batch sent to 64 authorities
Automatic anti-spam measures are in place for this older request. Please let us know if a further response is expected or if you are having trouble responding.
Dear NHS Coventry and Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group,
I'm writing to you under the Freedom of Information Act (2000) to ask that you please disclose to me details of the shared care records created under your ICB (I'm aware that as this is a transitional process, that in some instances trusts or CCGs have been copied into this Email, as it's not entirely clear the status of establishment of all, hence my reason for doing so.
1. how many of the ICS/ICBs are created already, and operational / is yours
2. How many / has yours created shared care records?
3. Who were the systems that these records sit on created by, as in which third party software provider (for instance, Graphnet)
4. Who creates the Shared Care Records themselves, ie GPs, Hospitals, Social Care Providers (if so, please name them for your area).
5. Who, outside of the NHS has access to them? For instance; DwP, Immigration, Local Councils, GPs, the local Police, Social Care, or private health providers (if so, this last question is in two parts - firstly a confirmation or denial that this is or is not the case - then a list of the private providers you work with please).
6. How do people opt out of this if they want to?
7. How have people been told they can opt out, as in, by Email, Phone, leaflet in local GP surgery. and what % of people that your ICB (or relevant body) covered have been informed directly about this restructuring or their records, and to stress, how have they been most importantly - please list any and all initiatives for this.
8. How many opt outs have their been?
9. Is awareness for the ShCRs being done at any point on a national level, or as stated above, purely through brochures inside local clinics - please explain any national drive there is to inform people of this new set of decisions, and what the response has been to it (ie both the methods people have responded by, and amount of people who have responded)
ACKNOWLEDGEMENT OF FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST
FOI Reference: 68971
Dear Max Colbert
I acknowledge receipt of your FOI request on behalf of NHS Coventry and Warwickshire CCG which we received on 14/06/2022
A response to your request will be sent within 20 working days after receipt, the date 12/07/2022
Please note you may experience understandable delays when making information rights requests during the Coronavirus pandemic. The CCG remain committed to fully applying the Freedom of Information Act, however we have redeployed some staff to critical areas and obtaining information may become problematic. We will advise you if we believe your case may be delayed.
On behalf of NHS Coventry and Warwickshire CCG
FOI team Arden & GEM CSU
Engagement, Communications and Marketing
NHS Arden and Greater East Midlands Commissioning Support Unit
St. John’s House, East Street, Leicester, LE1 6NB
Good afternoon Max Colbert
Further to the below please see the ICB’s response attached.
On behalf of Coventry and Warwickshire ICB
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now