Response to this request is long overdue. By law, under all circumstances, West Wales Regional Partnership Board should have responded by now (details). You can complain by requesting an internal review.

Dear West Wales Regional Partnership Board,

When a child is removed from parents and placed with a family member under a section 20, how long does that child need to be living with their carer before they can apply for a Special Guardian Order.

And Is there a minimum time that the child would have had to live with that person full time before the courts will accept the application.

What support would children services offer the parents to help the children return home before they started considering the carers
Home to be a safer and more permanent place for the children to grow up.

Yours faithfully,