Sexual harassment complaints

The request was successful.

Dear Cheshire East Council,

Please advise me of the number of complaints of sexual harassment
made to the council since 1 April 2009 by staff, councillors and
members of the public.

Please break down the count as follows:

* Total complaints made
* Complaints made by staff
* Complaints made by councillors
* Complaints made by members of the public
* Complaints against a member of staff
* Complaints against a councillor
* Complaints against a member of the public

Please also supply counts of:

* The number of complaints referred to police
* the number of complaints which resulted in formal disciplinary
* The number of complaints where informal action, such as a
reprimand or training, was taken
* the number of complaints where no further action was taken

Thank you.

Yours faithfully,

Peter Harrison

FOI East, Cheshire East Council

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email.


It will be treated as a request for information within the meaning of the
Freedom of Information Act: this means that we will send you a full
response within 20 working days, either supplying you with the information
which you want, or explaining to you why we cannot supply it. If we need
any further clarification or there is any problem we will be in touch.


In the meantime if you wish to discuss this further please contact me. It
would be helpful if you could quote the log number 806112.


Yours sincerely

FOI East - Customer Relations Team

[Cheshire East Council request email]

Tel : 01270 686605; 01270 686606; 01270 685616; 01270 685615


show quoted sections

FOI East, Cheshire East Council

Dear Mr Harrison

Further to your recent request for information, I have now received responses from both our Legal & Democratic and HR Departments, and can confirm that the Council has received no complaints of this nature during the time in question. I am sorry for the slight delay in getting this reply to you.

If you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your request and wish to make a complaint or request a review under the Freedom of Information Act you should write to the Compliance Unit, Cheshire East Council, Westfields, Middlewich Road, Sandbach, Cheshire, CW11 1HZ.

If you are not content with the outcome of your complaint, you may apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by the Council. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at: The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.

Yours sincerely

Martin Johnson
Customer Relations & Compliance
Cheshire East Council

show quoted sections