Senior staff and grade 9 annual review outcomes
Kevin Johnson made this Freedom of Information request to University of Reading
This request has been closed to new correspondence. Contact us if you think it should be reopened.
Dear University of Reading,
For each of the 2016 Grade 9 senior staff review, 2017 Senior staff (leadership group & grade 9) annual review and 2018 Grade 9 annual review please provide:
- Minutes of the relevant meetings of the advisory group making recommendations to the remuneration committee in respect of the above reviews;
- Minutes of the relevant meetings of the remuneration committee considering the relevant recommendations of the advisory group in respect of the above reviews;
- Details of the pre-tax value of lump sum awards made to each unnamed individual through each of the above reviews;
- Details of the pre-tax value of adjustments made to each unnamed individual's gross annual salary through each of the above reviews;
- Details of the number of staff submitting a review for consideration in each of the individual years above who were not made either a lump sum award or adjustment to salary; and
- The number of individuals submitting a review for consideration in each and every year in 2016, 2017 and 2018 who in each and every year in 2016, 2017 and 2018 were not made either a lump sum award or adjustment to salary.
Dear Mr Johnson,
This is to acknowledge receipt of your request and to let you know it is being processed.
We'll get back to you as soon as we can, but in any case within 20 working days from 20/06/2018.
In the meantime, if you wish to add any further details or check on progress please reply to this message without altering the 'Subject:' line so that we can track your input and respond promptly.
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading, Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
t: +44 (0)118 378 8981 www.reading.ac.uk/foia
Dear Mr Jonson,
We have completed the compilation of information in response to your
We can confirm that we do hold the information specified in your request.
Our responses are given below each limb of your request in blue and
The reports from the 2016 Grade 9 senior staff review, 2017 Senior staff
(leadership group & grade 9) annual review and 2018 Grade 9 annual review
are attached along with the relevant meetings of the Remuneration
committee. Please note some information within the reports and minutes has
been redacted this is because this information is personal data,
specifically the names, department, job titles, salaries of University
employees. Some information that relates to very low numbers has also been
removed as it qualifies as personal information.
This information has been withheld under section 40(2) of the FOIA by
virtue of s40 (3)(a)(i).
Section 40(2) of the FOIA allows a public authority to withhold
information from a response to a request under the FOIA when the
information requested is personal data relating to someone other than the
requestor, and its disclosure would breach any of the Data Protection
In this case we believe that the disclosure of these details would not be
within the individuals reasonable expectations and as such would be unfair
and in breach of the first data protection principle which requires
personal data to be processed fairly and lawfully.
We are required to include details of our complaints procedures, including
your rights to apply to the Information Commissioner. The procedure is
detailed in our Freedom of Information and Environmental Information
Regulations policy on the web at
If we are unable to resolve any complaint, you can complain to the
Information Commissioner, the independent body who oversees the access to
Email: [email address]
Information Compliance Officer
Information Management & Policy Services (IMPS), University of Reading,
Whiteknights, Reading, RG6 6AH
[University of Reading request email] t: +44 (0)118 378 8981
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now