Dear Accrington Academy,
Under the Freedom of Information Act, can you provide me via email to this address, with the following information:
1) Who has overall responsibility for security (information/IT and Physical) within the Academy?
2) What measures are in place to provide security within the Academy's IT systems?
3) What training is provided for employees to ensure they fully understand their responsibilities (including the protection of personal data)?
4) What security breaches has the Academy suffered (physical and logical) in the last 12 months. Quantity and category is sufficient here, exact details of the breaches are not required.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Dear Mr Walker
Thank you for your emailed request for information under the Freedom of Information Act. We respond below using the numbering you have provided.
1) The principal with delegate responsibilities to the Director of Business
2) Servers locked in rack
PC Locked when not in use
Rooms locked when not in use
Every user requires user name & password
Passwords are changed once a month
Security policy in place
Removeable storage is encrypted
Staff laptop are encrypted.
Upto date virus protection
Firewalls in palce
E-mail filters in place.
3) All staff sign an ICT Internet usage policy
All staff undergo Safeguarding training as part of induction.
4) Physical - No security breach
Logical - No Security Breach
Dear FOI ULT,
Thank you for the detailed response.