Dear Middle Level Commissioners,
Please treat this request for information as a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
I refer to the Undertakings made to the House of Lords Opposed Bill Committee chaired by Lord Thomas of Cwmgiedd on 25th-28th June and 12th July 2018.
Please provide the following information:
1. The Protocol for removal of vessels under Section 16 of the Middle Level Act 2018 specified in Undertaking 6. If this is published on the Commissioners' web site please provide the URL.
2. The residential mooring strategy and details specified in Undertakings 7 and 8, under Section 15 of the Middle Level Act 2018.
3. Evidence that the Navigation Advisory Committee, local planning authorities and housing authorities have been consulted regarding the residential mooring strategy as specified in Undertaking 9.
4. The arrangements for review and revision of the residential mooring strategy as specified in Undertaking 10.
Thank you. I look forward to your reply within 20 working days.
Dear Ms Smith
Thank you for your request for information on navigation related matters which we received on 8th April 2020. Your request has been handled under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOI).
The information you requested and our response is detailed below:
Dealing with the matters raised in order.
1. It is confirmed that this protocol will be annexed to the Byelaws once they are published as per the undertaking.
2. This strategy has not yet been developed and it is pointed out that the Middle Level Commissioners have yet to introduce the licencing of vessels, hence at this point in time to continue to fully fund navigation wholly from existing ratepayer income sources. There is therefore currently no identified resource or funding available to develop this.
Items 3 and 4. See response to item 2.
Information disclosed in response to this FOI request is releasable to the public. In keeping with the spirit and effect of the FOI, this letter and the information disclosed to you may be placed on MLC website, together with any related information that will provide a key to its wider context. No information identifying you personally will however be placed on the MLC website if it is placed there.
Clerk, Chief Engineer & Chief Executive
Middle Level Commissioners
Middle Level Commissioners
85 Whittlesey Road, March, Cambs. PE15 0AH
Tel: 01354 602003 Fax: 01354 659619 Email: [email address]
COVID-19 - PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE MIDDLE LEVEL COMMISSIONERS OFFICES ARE CLOSED TO PUBLIC VISITS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. WHEREVER POSSIBLE STAFF ARE WORKING FROM HOME BUT CAN STILL BE CONTACTED VIA THE MAIN SWITCHBOARD NUMBER OR VIA EMAIL.
This email and any attached files are copyright protected and are to be treated as confidential,
Any dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited without the prior consent of the Middle Level Commissioners. However, the Commissioners reserve the right to release this information where public disclosure is required under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the Middle Level Commissioners and unless otherwise expressly stated, nothing in this communication shall be legally binding, nor are any guarantees given as to the accuracy of the information held within it.
If you are not the addressee or have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and then delete the message together with any attachments.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now