Dear East Ayrshire Council,
Please treat this email as a Freedom of Information request.
The Scotttish Government already publishes a range of data sets at Local Authority level. I am interested in obtaining much of this data at individual secondary school level.
Please supply me with the following information, broken down by local authority for the 2016/2017 and 2017/18 years.
1. Percentage of secondary and special school leavers from publicly funded schools by total qualifications achieved and Additional Support Need
2. Percentage of school leavers by total qualifications achieved, by SIMD
3. Percentage of secondary and special school leavers from publicly funded schools attaining vocational qualifications1 at SCQF Level 2 to 7
4. Percentage of school leavers by total qualifications achieved, by SIMD quintile.
5. Percentage of secondary and special school leavers from publicly funded schools in Scotland by initial destination and Additional Support Need.
6. Percentage of school leavers from publicly funded secondary schools in Scotland by initial destination category and 6-fold Urban Rural classification of school.
7. Percentage of school leavers from publicly funded secondary schools in Scotland by initial destination category and gender.
8. Percentage of school leavers from publicly funded secondary schools in Scotland by initial destination category and whether declared or assessed disabled.
9. School attendance rate statistics - overall levels of sessions missed, and unauthorised and persistent absences at the school
10. School exclusion statistics - number of pupils permanently or temporarily excluded.
Please supply the requested information by email, in a machine readable format, such as microsoft excel. For the avoidance of doubt, I would prefer not to receive the requested data in pdf format.
Where I have requested information about ASN pupils, I only wish to receive information on the outcomes of pupils with ASN support as a whole. I do not wish to receive the information broken down by type of/ reason for ASN support. I understand that, in some schools, it may be necessary to redact some data to mitigate against data protection concerns.
I look forward to hearing from you in due course.
Thank you for contacting East Ayrshire Council. This is an automated
response to advise you that your email has been received and is now being
If you are making a Freedom of Information request, you will receive a
response within 20 working days.
If your enquiry concerns any other matter, your email will be passed to
the relevant section for appropriate action to be taken.
Request under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002
I refer to your correspondence dated 23 March 2019 requesting information in relation to secondary education statistics.
A Scottish public authority is not obliged to comply with a request for information if the authority estimates that the cost of complying with the request would exceed such amount as may be prescribed in regulations made by Scottish Ministers, such amount currently being £600. The information you have requested is not centrally held. All 51 of our schools would require to consider your request, collate the information and provide a response. As such, your request exceeds the cost of compliance and we are unable to provide you with this information in terms of the provisions set out at Section 12 of the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any further information.
I have attached a leaflet to confirm your rights.
Service Support Coordinator
Economy and Skills
East Ayrshire Council
Tel: 01563 576140
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now