Dear British Broadcasting Corporation,
I understand that the householder in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6cWGzwZ8... was charged with obstruction of the search warrant because he did not consent to entry by the Capita employees, although his front door was standing wide open.
1. It is my understanding that the search warrant gives Capita employees the power to force entry. Is this correct?
2. Assuming your answer to 1 is "Yes", and given the unobstructed front door, the consent or not of the householder to execute the warrant is not required and in fact makes no difference whatsoever to the ability of the Capita employee to execute the warrant. Is this correct?
3. Assuming your answer to 2 is "Yes", the Capita employee in the video could simply have entered through the open front door. Choosing not to execute the warrant without the consent of the householder was therefore elective on his part. Is this correct?
4. Assuming that your answer to 3 is "Yes" and since we have already established that an open door and a lack of consent cannot obstruct a search warrant that has powers of entry, to bring charges of obstruction against the individual in question is an abuse of process and an attempt to pervert the course of justice. Is this correct?
Please fully explain any "No" responses
Dear Karin Mabberley
Thank you for your request for information under the Freedom of
Information Act 2000, as detailed in your email. Your request was received
on 28/02/2018. We will deal with your request as promptly as possible,
and at the latest within 20 working days. If you have any queries about
your request, please contact us at the address below.
The reference number for your request is RFI20180402.
BBC Freedom of Information
BC2 A4, Broadcast Centre
201 Wood Lane
London W12 7TP
Email: [BBC request email]
Tel: 020 8008 2882
Dear Ms Mabberley,
Please find attached the response to your request for information,
BBC Information Policy and Compliance
Room BC2 A4
Email: mailto:[BBC request email]
Description: Description: \\BBCFS2025\UserData$\myrien01\Documents\My
2. mailto:[BBC request email]