Dear The Arthur Terry School,
Under the FOI Act I would like to request the following information regarding the contract with your supplier(s) of sports uniform/kit:
1) How many suppliers do you have a contract with?
2) How was the contract awarded e.g. open competition, direct award? Was the local authority involved in the tender of this contract?
3) Date the contract was awarded?
4) Date the contract will expire?
5) What competitors, if any, were considered?
6) What criteria was used to select the supplier?
7) Does the school profit from the contract, e.g. as a result of uniform sales? If yes, what remuneration is received?
8) If the school has not entered into a contract with the supplier(s), what is the nature of the agreement in place?
9) Does the contract contain any clauses relating to the cost or affordability of items?
10) Please provide a copy of the contract with commercially sensitive details redacted.
Please note that redaction costs cannot be counted towards any cost limits under the FOI Act.
Please also note that for information to be withheld under Section 43 (commercial sensitivity), the following must be provided:
Details of the exact FOIA exemption – either 43.1 Trade Secrets or 43.2 Commercial Interests
Details of who would be prejudiced
A “Public Interest Test” where the arguments for and against release of the information should be discussed (as this is a “qualified” exemption).
If release of the information could prejudice a third party, they should be consulted with (see FOIA Section 45 Code of Practice Part IV)
Please also note that contracts drawn up since 2005 are supposed to include provisions requiring organisations to comply with the FOI Act.
Please see below the response to your Freedom of Information Request:
2) Crested School Wear agreed to supply without requirement of a formal contract. Our previous contract with Clive Mark has expired, we are currently renegotiating.
3) Clive Mark have been our uniform supplier for many years. Contract currently under renegotiation
Crested School Wear have been supplying our uniform since the start of 2022.
The LA was not involved.
5) Considered providers based on locality of stores and on-line purchasing facility.
6) As above.
7) No. Both our providers offer help with clothing for disadvantaged students. Clive Mark also offer some free team sports kit and staff attire for practical subjects such as PE and Drama.
8) No formal agreement with Crested School Wear. In the process of renegotiating a contract with Clive Mark.
The Arthur Terry School (A National Teaching School)
The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership
Kittoe Road | Sutton Coldfield | B74 4RZ
(External): 0121 323 1150
My working hours are Tuesday to Friday 8.30am-4pm
Please allow 48 hours for emails to be actioned, thank you.
WARNING COPYRIGHT The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership 2017 Where the contents of this e-mail and any attachment includes materials prepared by The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership the use of those materials is subject exclusively to the conditions of engagement between the school and you. This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may contain legally privileged information. By the use of e-mail over the internet The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership is not waiving either confidentiality of or legal privilege in the content of the e-mail or any attachments. If you have received this e-mail in error please contact The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership IT Services on telephone number 0121 323 2221 or e-mail [email address] The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership may decide to communicate with you by e-mail but cannot guarantee the confidentiality, reliability or speed of the e-mails or any attachments. If you wish to send to the company any urgent, critical or encrypted e-mails please notify the company first by telephone on 0121 323 2221. The preferred format for receiving word processed documents is Microsoft Word. As the addressed recipient of this e-mail you must not copy, or forward or disclose this e-mail or any attachment to anyone without the prior written consent of The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership. The Arthur Terry Learning Partnership, a charitable company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales, company number 07730920. Registered office: The Arthur Terry School, Kittoe Road, Four Oaks, Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, B74 4RZ CEO: Richard Gill NPQH, NLE, FRSA
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now