Dear Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council,
Can you please provide for me the answers to the following questions:
1. Do you provide traded services to schools in your area, or do you contract this out to another party that is outside the local authority? If so, to which?
2. Which school MIS (management information systems) providers do you hold support contracts or accreditations with, and for each MIS provider:
a) What is the nature of the current arrangement (a paid contract, an unpaid accreditation)?
b) When did the current arrangement begin and when it will finish (including any extensions)?
c) If a paid contract, under what basis did you procure it (e.g. directly, through a framework, via OJEU procurement, other)?
3. How many schools do you provide MIS support services to, and:
a) How does this break down by Primary Academies, Primary Maintained, Secondary Academies, Secondary Maintained, Other (incl. PRUs, SENs)?
b) How does this break down by MIS provider?
c) How has this total changed between 2018/19, 2019/20 and this year (say as at June 1st 2018 vs. June 1st 2019 vs. June 1st 2020, or any similar convenient dates)?
4. As part of your support to schools for each of these MIS providers, which of the following activities do you carry out (I am interested in whether the activities differ between MIS providers):
a) 1st line support
b) 2nd line support
c) 3rd line support
e) Data audits / cleansing
f) Regulatory / census submissions
g) Server management
h) Main data hosting
i) Data backup
j) User training
k) Provide templates / configuration
l) Analysis of data / insight services
m) Resale of the software to schools (on a commission basis)
n) Hosting or arranging local user group meetings / events
5. What was your total traded services income from schools (for all servies) in 2018/19 and 2019/20?
6. What was your total traded service income for providing schools with MIS support for 2018/19 and 2019/20?
7. What is the current amount of de-delegated funding that you levy on LA-maintained schools (either in total, on a per school level, or a per learner level - whichever is easiest)?
8. What software or digital tools (learning, safeguarding or admin) do you provide to schools under the de-delegated funding allocation?
FOI request - Ref FOI/20/0565
I wish to acknowledge receipt of you request for information.
I have asked the relevant officers of the Authority to commence enquiries immediately to find all applicable information relating to your request under the FOI Act and to supply any which is found to you.
Your request has to be processed within a maximum of 20 working days, which means the Council must provide you with the information it has (assuming no exemptions are claimed) by 02/10/2020. If it is possible to provide you with the information within a shorter timescale then that will be done.
Please be aware that there may be a delay in responding to your FOI request at this current time. Many services and resources will be keeping our essential frontline services running, which may have a knock on effect in responding within the statutory timeline. Thank you for your understanding at this very difficult time and stay safe.
Should you have any queries about this matter please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Please find our response to your request
Business Support Officer
Resources Business Support Team
Redcar & Cleveland House
Follow us on Twitter: @redcarcleveland
Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/redcarcleveland
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now