Dear Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council,
Can you please provide for me the answers to the following questions:
1. Do you provide traded services to schools in your area, or do you contract this out to another party that is outside the local authority? If so, to which?
2. Which school MIS (management information systems) providers do you hold support contracts or accreditations with, and for each MIS provider:
a) What is the nature of the current arrangement (a paid contract, an unpaid accreditation)?
b) When did the current arrangement begin and when it will finish (including any extensions)?
c) If a paid contract, under what basis did you procure it (e.g. directly, through a framework, via OJEU procurement, other)?
3. How many schools do you provide MIS support services to, and:
a) How does this break down by Primary Academies, Primary Maintained, Secondary Academies, Secondary Maintained, Other (incl. PRUs, SENs)?
b) How does this break down by MIS provider?
c) How has this total changed between 2018/19, 2019/20 and this year (say as at June 1st 2018 vs. June 1st 2019 vs. June 1st 2020, or any similar convenient dates)?
4. As part of your support to schools for each of these MIS providers, which of the following activities do you carry out (I am interested in whether the activities differ between MIS providers):
a) 1st line support
b) 2nd line support
c) 3rd line support
e) Data audits / cleansing
f) Regulatory / census submissions
g) Server management
h) Main data hosting
i) Data backup
j) User training
k) Provide templates / configuration
l) Analysis of data / insight services
m) Resale of the software to schools (on a commission basis)
n) Hosting or arranging local user group meetings / events
5. What was your total traded services income from schools (for all servies) in 2018/19 and 2019/20?
6. What was your total traded service income for providing schools with MIS support for 2018/19 and 2019/20?
7. What is the current amount of de-delegated funding that you levy on LA-maintained schools (either in total, on a per school level, or a per learner level - whichever is easiest)?
8. What software or digital tools (learning, safeguarding or admin) do you provide to schools under the de-delegated funding allocation?
Your contact has been received by the Customer Feedback, Information and
Improvement Team. Your request will now be considered and you will be
contacted again shortly to advise what will happen next with your request
for information. Please be assured that any contact we receive will be
considered and processed at the earliest opportunity.
In the meantime we would like to thank you for your contact.
Please visit the Council’s website for further information on information
*** Barnsley MBC Disclaimer: This e-mail and any files attached are
confidential for the use of the intended recipient. If you have received
this e-mail in error please notify the sender as soon as possible and
delete the communication from your system without copying, disseminating
or distributing the same in any way by any means. Any views or opinions
expressed belong solely to the author and do not necessarily represent
those of the Council. In particular, the Council will not accept liability
for any defamatory statements made by email communications. Recipients are
responsible for ensuring that all e-mails and files sent are checked for
viruses. The Council will not accept liability for damage caused by any
virus transmitted by this e-mail. No guarantees are offered on the
security, content and accuracy of any e-mails and files received. Be aware
that this e-mail communication may be intercepted for regulatory, quality
control, or crime detection purposes unless otherwise prohibited. The
content of this email and any attachment may be stored for future
Dear V Prasad
Thank you for your request for information about school software support.
Your email request was received on 3 September 2020 and I am dealing with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
Your request will be processed as soon as possible, and we will try to provide the information within 20 working days as required. The deadline date when the information should be available to you is 28 October 2020.
In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, I will let you know the likely charges before proceeding.
Customer Feedback and Improvement Officer
Customer Feedback, Information and Improvement Team
Core Services Directorate
Postal address:Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council, Customer Feedback, Information and Improvement Team, PO Box 634, Barnsley, S70 9GG
Please find attached the results of my findings for your FOI request.
Customer Feedback, Information & Improvement Officer
Business Improvement, Human Resources & Communications
Core Services Directorate
Westgate Plaza One
C/O Corporate Mail Room
PO Box 634
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now