Dear Manchester City Council,
Can you please provide for me the answers to the following questions:
1. Do you provide traded services to schools in your area, or do you contract this out to another party that is outside the local authority? If so, to which?
2. Which school MIS (management information systems) providers do you hold support contracts or accreditations with, and for each MIS provider:
a) What is the nature of the current arrangement (a paid contract, an unpaid accreditation)?
b) When did the current arrangement begin and when it will finish (including any extensions)?
c) If a paid contract, under what basis did you procure it (e.g. directly, through a framework, via OJEU procurement, other)?
3. How many schools do you provide MIS support services to, and:
a) How does this break down by Primary Academies, Primary Maintained, Secondary Academies, Secondary Maintained, Other (incl. PRUs, SENs)?
b) How does this break down by MIS provider?
c) How has this total changed between 2018/19, 2019/20 and this year (say as at June 1st 2018 vs. June 1st 2019 vs. June 1st 2020, or any similar convenient dates)?
4. As part of your support to schools for each of these MIS providers, which of the following activities do you carry out (I am interested in whether the activities differ between MIS providers):
a) 1st line support
b) 2nd line support
c) 3rd line support
e) Data audits / cleansing
f) Regulatory / census submissions
g) Server management
h) Main data hosting
i) Data backup
j) User training
k) Provide templates / configuration
l) Analysis of data / insight services
m) Resale of the software to schools (on a commission basis)
n) Hosting or arranging local user group meetings / events
5. What was your total traded services income from schools (for all servies) in 2018/19 and 2019/20?
6. What was your total traded service income for providing schools with MIS support for 2018/19 and 2019/20?
7. What is the current amount of de-delegated funding that you levy on LA-maintained schools (either in total, on a per school level, or a per learner level - whichever is easiest)?
8. What software or digital tools (learning, safeguarding or admin) do you provide to schools under the de-delegated funding allocation?
We acknowledge receipt of your request to Manchester City Council,
School software support
If your request comes under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) or
the Environmental Information Regulations 2004 (EIR), we will aim to
respond as promptly as we can and by no later than 20 working days.
Sometimes an extension to that timescale will apply and we will let you
know if that is the case.
If some or all of your request needs to be considered under processes
other than those provided by FOIA or EIR, different timescales may apply.
In particular, any part of your request that concerns your own personal
information will be considered in line with your rights under data
protection legislation (including the right of access) and we will aim to
provide you with a response in respect of that part of your request
without undue delay and by no later than one calendar month, unless an
extension to that timescale applies (we will let you know if that is the
The reference number for your request is FOI/2884.
Please note that Manchester City Council is currently handling a large
volume of business critical work aimed towards the protection and
safeguarding of at risk groups during the COVID-19 outbreak.
Accordingly, Freedom of Information/subject access requests made to
Manchester City Council during the COVID-19 outbreak may have a longer
response period than that stated above. The response that you receive may
also not be complete in whole or in part. This is because:
* Responding to your request may require business area resource which is
currently directed towards direct aid of members of the public during
the COVID-19 outbreak. Directing resources towards responding to your
request could result in vital care of service not being delivered, and
may expose individuals to COVID-19;?
* Under central government guidance to help prevent the spread of
COVID-19, all Manchester City Council staff who are able to are
working from home until further notice. As such they may not be able
to get hold of certain information which cannot be accessed remotely,
and accessing it would potentially expose the individual to COVID-19.
Should you have any further inquiries concerning your request, please
reply to this email leaving the subject line unchanged.
Manchester City Council
Your personal data is very important to us. Please refer to our privacy
notice at www.manchester.gov.uk/privacy for further information.
Please see below.
Directorate for Children and Families
Manchester City Council
PO Box 532
Town Hall Extension
tel mob: 07961 103 051
email: [email address]
Dear V Prasad
Reference: FOI/2884 - School software support
Thank you for your request for information which was received by
Manchester City Council on %%date received%% and has been considered under
the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (“the 2000 Act”).
Please find attached the Council’s response.
Children’s and Education Directorate
Adult Services Directorate
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now