Dear Department for Work and Pensions,
i am writing in relation to sanctions which are imposed on customers who are late for interviews/appointments.
Please can you provide the following information:
1. How late does a customer have to be in order to be reffered by an advisor to a decision maker for a possible sanction?
2. How should the customers arrival time be recorded by the job centre?
3. Does the customer have to be informed that they are late and could possibly face a sanction?
4. Does the job centre advisor have to fill any forms regarding the customers late arrival? if so please can you provide a template.
5. Does this form have to be signed by the customer?
6. if the form is imcomplete/incorrect can a decision maker still make a decision to sanction the customer?
Please can you reference document/policies for your answers.
This is an automated confirmation that your request for information has
been accepted by the DWP FoI mailbox.
By the next working day your request will be forwarded to the relevant
information owner within the Department who will respond to you direct.
If your email is a Freedom of Information request you can normally
expect a response within 20 working days.
Should you have any further queries in connection with this request do
please contact us.
For further information on the Freedom of Information Act within DWP
please click on the link below.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now