Safeguarding children: Channel and Prevent data sharing
Dear Camden Safeguarding Children Board,
I contact you with a Freedom of Information request, as under the FOI Act 2000, to ask for information regards Channel Panel, and Prevent strategy in your area, the multi-agency process for identifying, referring and supporting a person at risk of radicalisation, focusing on early intervention and engagement.
Please can you provide (time periods where applicable, per calendar year, since 2010 or as soon as records are available):
1. the total number of individuals (cases) that have been referred to the Channel panel
a) Identified at risk of being drawn into terrorism;
b) Numbers in each available age bracket, including any breakdowns of children by age (ie 0-5, 5-11, 11-14, 14-18.)
c) What was the nature and extent of that risk; (aggregated totals)
d) What support plans were identified (similar types, grouped if possible)
e) total number and the percentage that came as referrals from under 18 education,
f) total number received with, and without consent, respectively.
3. Please provide the total number of onward contact with that involved information sharing with the following, but not exclusively, to any third party services as a result and list how many case information were shared with which third parties (or *all*):
Social care staff, including Directors of Children’s and Adults’ Services
Schools, further education colleges and universities
Youth Offending Services
Chairs of Local Safeguarding Children Boards and Safeguarding Adults Boards
Local Authority Safeguarding Managers
Home Office Immigration
5. Please provide (if possible diagrammatically, and if words only then it should be detailed enough to permit this to be drawn) the data flows that an individual is expected to understand from the point at which they are asked for consent to enter into the programme. This diagram should show where personal data are collected, or onwardly shared to other third parties as part of the programme, and any decision points which determine further data flows. The data collector, processor, and controller roles should be marked until the data destruction.
(Ie: school flags child, Parents contacted by Prevent officer, parents provide consent,
Prevent officer contacts Police Channel Officer, MASH Channel Panel, Panel reviews, passes on data to XYZ, decision A, action Y, data passed on to V, W, X, action N. 6 month review by XXX individuals / Panel, 18 months after exit scheme, all data destroyed).
6. Please provide the total number of cases reviewed at 6 and12 months from the
point at which they exited the process, .
7. Please provide the retention period for the data on individuals involved in cases, from the point at which they exit the process, that each party (see Q3) involved follows.
8. Please provide the total number of individuals whose personal information is retained currently (date as per FOI receipt) who are no longer involved in cases, and have exited the process.
9). Please provide a sample referral text (anonymous) that the Channel panel would receive on first referral. ie. the kinds of text that the panel read and the information it contains.
10) For those referrals received through a school, please indicate where known, the source cause of the referral (ie teacher concerns, web monitoring system, friend.)
Thank you for your consideration.
We work to defend the right to FOI for everyone
Help us protect your right to hold public authorities to account. Donate and support our work.Donate Now