Rodenticides and poisons used in parks and green spaces

Mr Carroll made this Freedom of Information request to Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

This request has been closed to new correspondence from the public body. Contact us if you think it ought be re-opened.

The request was successful.

Dear Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council,

I am writing to make an open government request for all the information to which I am entitled under the Freedom of Information Act and the Environmental Information Regulations.

In order to assist you with this request, I am outlining my query
as specifically as possible. If however this request is too wide or too unclear, I would be grateful if you could contact me as I understand that under the act, you are required to advise and assist requesters.

(I)Could you please reveal a list of the rodenticides and other chemicals used for controlling species in parks and green spaces within the borough of Sandwell.
(ii) If held can you state the volume/cost of these chemicals used in 2015/16 financial year?
(iii) Are rodenticides/ chemicals used near children's play areas, areas of open water or are there any areas where they are restricted from use- and for what reasons?
(iv) Are they employed for use in any of Sandwell's judged Green flag parks?

I understand that under the act, I should be entitled to a response
within 20 working days. I would be grateful if you could confirm that you have received
this request. I look forward to hearing from you in the near future via the what do they know website address.

Yours faithfully,

Mr Carroll

Sandwell MBC, Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

Mr Unknown Carroll
Your request for information has been passed to an investigating officer.
Your reference is FS-Case-9893981
Thank you
Sandwell MBC

Sandwell MBC, Sandwell Metropolitan Borough Council

1 Attachment

Dear Mr Unknown Carroll,
Information Request - FS-Case-9893981
Thank you for your Freedom of Information request. In response to your
request I can confirm the following:
13.12.16 Response attached
If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request, you have the
right to ask for an internal review. Internal review requests should be
submitted within two months of the date of receipt of the response to your
request, and should be addressed to:
Information Management Unit
Sandwell Council House
Freeth Street
West Midlands
B69 3DE
Email – [Sandwell Council request email]
If you are not content with the outcome of an internal review, you have
the right to apply directly to the Information Commissioner for a
decision. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner's Office
Wycliffe House
Water Lane
Cheshire SK9 5AF
Please remember to quote the reference number above in any future
Yours sincerely
Sandwell MBC