Road verges - ecological protection scheme

The request was successful.

Dear Sir or Madam,

If you run an ecological protection scheme for road verges in your area, please could you provide me with the following details:

a) what protection measures a verge receives when it is included in the scheme

b) the list of verges covered by the scheme (and their locations - road name/number and six figure OS grid references would be fine)

c) for each verge, the specific reasons why the verge has been included in the scheme - i.e. the notable species found there, or the NVC community present

If you do not run such a scheme in your area, but you are aware that another body does, please could you refer me to them instead.

Many thanks,

Susan Davis

Accesstoinformation, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council

Dear Susan,

Thank you for your requests for information in relation to any
ecological protection scheme for roadside verges in Blackburn with
Darwen. Your request was received on the 7th March 2009 and I am dealing
with it under the terms of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

In some circumstances a fee may be payable and if that is the case, I
will let you know. A fees notice will be issued to you, and you will be
required to pay before we will proceed to deal with your request.

If you have any queries about this letter, please contact me on 01254
585852. Also, our email address for contact is
[Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council request email]. Please remember to quote the
reference number FoI 5613 in any future communications.

Best wishes,

Stephen Hughes
Assistant Information Manager
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council
F Floor
Town Hall

show quoted sections

Oldham Steven, Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council


referring to your recent Freedom of Information request regarding
ecological protection schemes for road verges in the Blackburn with
Darwen borough, I can confirm the council has completed its search. In
response to your questions no such schemes operate in the borough.

If you wish to discuss further please do not hesitate to contact me. If
you are unhappy with the service you have received in relation to your
request and wish to make a complaint or request a review of our
decision, you should write to:

Adam Scott, Strategic Director, Regeneration & Environment department,
Blackburn with Darwen Borough Council, 4th Floor, Town Hall, Blackburn,
Lancashire, BB1 7DY

If you are not content with the outcome your complaint, you may apply
directly to the Information Commissioner for a decision. Generally, the
ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the council's
complaints procedure. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
The Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane,
Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.



Steven Oldham
Performance & Development Manager
Support Services
Room 418, 4th Floor
Town Hall, Blackburn
mailto:[email address]
Tel: 01254 585636

show quoted sections